Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I have been very busy over the holidays. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-have-been-very-busy-over-holidays-t33271.html)

ButtercreamCakeArtist 01-06-2010 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by dannypanny
My goodness apart from being busy you are really artistic in getting all the colours right. That was a lot of work and I am sure you enjoyed every moment of it. It is such a good idea for the little ones. Have granddaughter who is turning six and you have given me an idea of what to do for her birthday party at school (she has one at school and then one at home). Obviously not so intricate, as I don't have a fancy embroidery machine and with difference characters. Must really put my thinking cap on... Thanks for sharing... ciao

I did enjoy it most of the time, but when the machine and thread didn't get along, it was disheartening. Glad I could give you some ideas! I think some designs would be good cut out with pinking shears (I got a pair for Christmas!). Good luck with your designs.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 01-06-2010 02:36 PM

Thanks for more comments! :D

rosalia856 01-07-2010 07:04 AM

These are so cute and time consuming. You must have a real love for your class. They will always remember you for your kindness.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 01-07-2010 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by rosalia856
These are so cute and time consuming. You must have a real love for your class. They will always remember you for your kindness.

Yes, VERY time consuming. They are for the kids in my daughter's 2nd grade class and my son's Pre-K class. I thought the kids would really like them. I thought it would be something really special for them to keep forever. They're only little kids once, and I remember how I loved a special treat/keepsake as a child. :D

weezie 01-07-2010 10:03 AM

So very nice of you to do that for the kids. I do ME and can tell at a glance that you did an enormous amount of work ... even without the thread, needle, stabilizer problems. I'm happy that you (mostly) enjoyed doing them.

omak 01-07-2010 01:25 PM

THose are just tooo tooo tooo cute! <wave>

ButtercreamCakeArtist 01-07-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by weezie
So very nice of you to do that for the kids. I do ME and can tell at a glance that you did an enormous amount of work ... even without the thread, needle, stabilizer problems. I'm happy that you (mostly) enjoyed doing them.

LOL! Sometimes I wondered if I was really going to get that many done. I didn't have a lot of time to work on them, either! I figured out a way that made it go faster, though. I'd embroider enough dielines onto the felt for about 4 of them at a time. Then, while one was embroidering, I'd cut the others out between thread changes. If I finished cutting them out, I would fold laundry. Then, I had another ready to go as soon as the one in the machine came out! :D

ButtercreamCakeArtist 01-07-2010 01:26 PM

Thank you, OMAK.

Oklahoma Suzie 01-07-2010 03:44 PM

I love them.

marytp 01-07-2010 03:48 PM

they are great!!!!