Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I have LBB #30 and #35 done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-have-lbb-30-35-done-t309498.html)

nanna-up-north 01-30-2020 09:23 AM

I have LBB #30 and #35 done

4 Attachment(s)
I haven't posted in awhile because I've been so busy and haven't gotten any of my blocks completed lately. But, I am visiting my DS in Texas and have finished 2 more blocks the past couple of days.

Block #30 has been a block that I've worried about since beginning this quilt. I didn't know what to use for the basket and had to take the problem to my local thread/yarn shop for help. But, I like what I chose and I like the wonky look it has. I really tried to get it that way. The first two pictures are the before and after embellishing pictures of LBB #30.

Block #35 wasn't as difficult to do but I ran out of the embroidery floss I was using for the ferns and had to find a shop here in Texas that carried floss. Not all quilt shops carry it. The second two pictures are the before and after embellishing pictures of LBB #35. Now that this one is finished I have 5 more blocks to go. Then I can start putting the top together. I still have some on the borders to do as well so this is still going to take some time before it's ready to quilt. But, it's getting closer!! Yeah!!

ekuw 01-30-2020 10:39 AM

Nice to see your progress. You're work is just beautiful. This is going to be a true heirloom quilt when you finish. Thanks for sharing.

SewingSenior 01-30-2020 04:25 PM

Oh my goodness, those blocks are beautiful. While you're here in TX maybe you can come by my house and show me how you do some of the techniques on this quilt, I'll feed you lunch. After all TX isn't all that big, LOL.

pocoellie 01-30-2020 04:57 PM

Those are gorgeous and the completed quilt will be absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nanna-up-north 01-30-2020 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by SewingSenior (Post 8356338)
Oh my goodness, those blocks are beautiful. While you're here in TX maybe you can come by my house and show me how you do some of the techniques on this quilt, I'll feed you lunch. After all TX isn't all that big, LOL.

Haha! I looked to see how far you are. Only 8 hours 30 minutes. Nope, won't be doing that. But, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the ones I've done. Ask away!

Jingle 01-30-2020 05:14 PM

Very good start.

thimblebug6000 01-30-2020 05:15 PM

Just stunning work! Thank you so much for sharing!

SewingSenior 01-30-2020 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 8356350)
Haha! I looked to see how far you are. Only 8 hours 30 minutes. Nope, won't be doing that. But, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the ones I've done. Ask away!

Oh pooh, I was hoping you were in South Dallas. Hope you enjoy your visit in TX and trust me you will probable hear a lot from me as I go from block to block.

luvstoquilt 01-31-2020 05:20 AM

What amazing work! Those squares are fabulous.

juliasb 01-31-2020 05:27 AM

I am delight that you are making progress on these blocks. They will truly come together to my one very stunning quilt that will last for hundreds of years. Be sure to label it well so you great great grandchildren will know and love this piece of their history. Beautiful blocks for a beautiful quilt.