Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I need help from all you ladies and gents, what is your opinion? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-need-help-all-you-ladies-gents-what-your-opinion-t127494.html)

karenm36 06-03-2011 03:33 PM

Lovely blocks! It is a little bit difficult to see the kaleidoscope effect but it is still there nonetheless...and I really like it. I think a green sashing would be beautiful and show off the blocks nicely. Let us know what you decide to do. I would love to curl up under a quilt like this in a sunroom with a good book and a cup of tea! ;-) (Oh, and my favorite quilt inspector by my side! lol!)

Sallyflymi 06-03-2011 04:04 PM

Love it.It gives it a kaleidoscope look. Just beautiful. Can't wait to see the finish quilt.

seasaw2mch 06-03-2011 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by lallyann
Personally I like it. It reminds me of looking through a kaleidoscope! It is busy, but I think that what makes it cool, and I think if you use a solid sashing it would tone down the busy-ness a bit. Its going to be a beautiful quilt!

yea what she said, I love the colors and the print.

pegquilter8 06-03-2011 04:32 PM

Love the fabrics,BUT maybe something with a little background to offset the flowers Gives more resting place for eyes. The busier the fabric the less your whirl will show. Did I say that right? I've taught this pattern and I havethe class use less busy type of fabrics. It's your quilt and if it makes you happy then....Pegeth

JeanneZ 06-03-2011 04:37 PM

OK Waiting for an answer what have you decided to do??

katkat1946 06-03-2011 05:23 PM

First of all, that fabric is FABULOUS!!!! I personally love both blocks. The one that shows off as blue also shows the kaleidescope look off very well. The other doesn't so much but that kind of blendy look really happens to appeal to me. You will probably get a good mix of both kinds. Looks promising to me! Please keep us posted.

Scissor Queen 06-03-2011 05:42 PM

The smaller you cut the squares the better kaleidoscope effect you get. 4 inches is about as big as I would go with that fabric. Then a triple sashing in a Moda marble or something similar would really set it off. A dark of one of the colors around each block and then something brighter between. If you use a cornerstone with the triple sashing it makes it a little easier to do.

Quilterfay 06-03-2011 06:11 PM

I just made a Wackeroo Quilt that was from a 4 block repeat. There was sashing around the block with a star in the corners.

I think this would look great that way as well.

Quilterfay from Saskatchewan

JACRN 06-03-2011 07:04 PM

Sort of busy for my taste, but i'm just not much on large florals.

Quilter2B 06-03-2011 09:18 PM

I agree your fabric is wonderful! Whatever you decide, I'm certain it will be beautiful. Please make sure you share your work when you get it all together.