Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Inexpensive sewing table for the large Bernina 820/830 machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/inexpensive-sewing-table-large-bernina-820-830-machines-t171151.html)

bvillequilter 12-06-2011 08:44 AM

Inexpensive sewing table for the large Bernina 820/830 machines

3 Attachment(s)
Hello All,
This morning I was inspired with a table solution for my Bernina 830 machine. I purchased an Arrow Gidget II a few months ago as a portable table to take with me to classes and retreats. I don't have the insert for this table, so I can up with a brilliant solution. I previously owned a Horn Quilter's table but I found that when the machine was installed in the table to be flat with the table top it was too low to sew. Yes, I could lower my chair but then it is extremely uncomfortable for my long legs. I remembered the Arrow table is adjustable - the platform to hold the machine. So I adjusted it so that I can drop my machine in with my Bernina extension table installed! This is really a wonderful solution until I purchase the Horn multi-lift 2500 table. I am including photos for you.

Granny 7 12-06-2011 08:55 AM

Thanks for sharing. Everything looks so organized. We found a small kitchen table at a yard sell and my DH cut a hole in it to set my machine into. It was too deep at first, but he fixed it so I can sew on it. And I can you the other side to cut, iron, or just to hold fabric.

Judie 12-06-2011 10:15 AM

That looks like a wonderful sewing room.. was it something before it was a sewing room? I used to have a big downstairs sewing room that had a fireplace in it.. I'd set up my vintage machines in a square facing each other, invite a bunch of sewing buddies, make a pot of soup and light the fire.. We could have stayed for days it was so much fun.. ahh.. miss that sewing room.

bvillequilter 12-06-2011 11:54 AM

Yes, originally the sewing room was the family room. It is just my husband and I so we don't need a large living AND family room. I love it - it is right next to the kitchen; extremely convenient.

In stitches
Roberta

sewbeadit 12-06-2011 12:00 PM

The table looks great with the sewing machine in it or vice versa! Your sewing area is really nice too. Great set up

wvhill22 12-06-2011 12:32 PM

I would be "Singing in the rain" too if I had a sewing room like that..NICE!

Jingle 12-06-2011 12:56 PM

Very creative and beautiful sewing room. I have kitchen cabinet, upper and base in my sewing room and a 89 or 90" countertop on the base cabinets. Really handy.

Peggy Jeanne 12-06-2011 01:00 PM

I love your room!

Quiltngolfer 12-06-2011 01:05 PM

Wow, what a great sewing room! You are so organized and have so much space. Your sewing machine looks perfect in the table. Good idea you had.

AuntieD 12-06-2011 04:15 PM

What a beautiful place to create lovely things. Enjoy your little bit of heaven.