Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   International Quilt Show- Rosemont-2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/international-quilt-show-rosemont-2010-a-t43111.html)

jljack 04-20-2010 03:49 PM

For everyone who loves these quilts but thinks they will "never be good enough", hey....that's just not true!! Whatever you do, do it to the best of your ability, and as you get more practice you will get better and better. One day you will look at your current project, and then compare it to where you are right now, and you will say, "WOW, I've sure gotten a LOT better!" Hang in there and keep going. Have fun along the way, and learn as much as you can. It's as much about the journey and the learning as it is about the creating. Everything you do has value!!! Don't forget it!!

RedGarnet222 04-20-2010 06:30 PM

Lovely show! There are some that look like a museum painting. Wow !! Thanks tink's mom for the show.

Wine Woman 04-22-2010 08:45 AM

Thanks for sharing! :thumbup: Can you tell us more about the best of show? Was it appliqued, all quilted pieces, or did you have any information from the label perhaps the pattern name or if it was the quilters design?

Tink's Mom 04-22-2010 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Thanks for sharing! :thumbup: Can you tell us more about the best of show? Was it appliqued, all quilted pieces, or did you have any information from the label perhaps the pattern name or if it was the quilters design?

I had to look in the festival book...It is called"Let's all Spring Forward" by Rosalie Baker and it is appliqued.

JoanneS 04-22-2010 11:38 AM

So many beautiful quilts! In addition to the ones mentioned, I was bowled over by the butterfly.

Thanks so much for taking the pictures and sharing them with us.

Nimble Thimble 04-22-2010 03:36 PM

Hello Susie Do you think that maybe you could send me directions , so that i might be able to show some of my photos on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Nimble Thimble

Tink's Mom 04-22-2010 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nimble Thimble
Hello Susie Do you think that maybe you could send me directions , so that i might be able to show some of my photos on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Nimble Thimble

I'm not too good at this...go to home, at the top of this page, then to photos, at the top of the page it will give you directions.

Oklahoma Suzie 04-22-2010 06:21 PM

thanks so much for the pics, I love the iris

KittyGram 04-22-2010 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
the crane in the next photo was also visable from the back. She used black fabric for backing and called it midnite.

Does anyone have an idea on the pattern name of the pink/red/white one? I absolutely am in love with that quilt!!!! I need one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink's Mom 04-23-2010 05:34 AM

I'm fairly sure that there is no pattern available. I think that these are designed by the maker.