Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Introducing Miss Birdie FW..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/introducing-miss-birdie-fw-t117289.html)

alissa 04-20-2011 04:07 PM

sew pretty

gramquilter2 04-20-2011 04:17 PM

you did a great job cleaning her up. Have fun sewing with Birdie.

patimint 04-20-2011 04:29 PM

Wow, good job. What a difference. I bet she is so happy and proud to be the beauty she is was intended to be.

RV Quilter 04-20-2011 05:57 PM

She is quite pretty. You did a great job cleaning her up. I'm sure she'll sew nicely. Does the quilt block pictured have a name? I like it, very pretty.

manley 04-20-2011 06:10 PM

You will love Birdie. I call mine "Little Sweet". Hope you enjoy her. :)

thebossbab 04-20-2011 08:00 PM

Miss Birdie looks brand new!! Have fun with her! :-)

quilt queen 04-20-2011 08:11 PM

What is Mother's Mag and where can you purchase it? Also, did you have Miss Birdie painted? She is beautiful!

connie d 04-20-2011 09:27 PM

I'm sure with all the hard work you will get her going. What a great job. :):):)

Gerbie 04-21-2011 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by so-sew
Well, here is the fruit of my labor. I'm off to rob a bank since all the scrubbing has left me with no ridges on the pads of my fingers....Why Birdie you ask? She's named after a petite and thoroughly loveable character in my favorite novel of all time "Some Wildflower in My Heart" by Jamie Langston Turner. And of course there is the Birdie-Feather correlation. I love her, this long awaited little gem. And I believe I grow so much more attached to a machine when I have to work long and hard at revealing her true beauty. :thumbup:
I forgot to add that as beautiful as she looks, I have no idea whether she sews a stitch. The cords are frayed and needing replacement before a trial run. She does turn over smooth as silk when I turn the handwheel, so I hope that's a good sign of things to come.

Are you sure that the two pictures are of the same machine? lol. She looks beautiful. The after pics. (Looks like Cinderella, or the Ugly Duckling.) You did an outstanding clean up job. Sore fingers will be soon forgotten when you get her rewired and start sewing. You can listen to her softly "tweet". You did good friend.

so-sew 04-21-2011 02:30 AM

You are all such good people, loving Birdie right along with me. The quilt block is just a courthouse steps I stagered. I really love that quilt top, but I hesitate to post a photo because I used a high loft batting and I detest how it turned out, all puffy. :cry: That's why it's best to not buy batting at a garage sale to save a few bucks. It was one of the first quilts I finished after purchasing a machine capable of FMQ, or any quilting for that matter, and I didn't know all the guidelines (i.e. low loft). Maybe I'll post a few of my creations together to distract from her puffy character.

The tutorial by Billy was a great help cleaning up this machine as well as my other machines, (especially the Fiddle 12, which I silently doubted would ever be worthy of display---still questionable). The polish is called Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish from Walmart.

Thanks to you all for appreciating the transformation. Still hoping she runs. I'm tempted to go wack the cord off a couple of my living room lamps and put them to a better use, if you catch my drift. :lol: