Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/irr-ii-group-4-pictures-%22quilters-around-world%22-t26692.html)

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 10-23-2009 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
EDITED to say - at least you lot still use inches, feet and miles unlike these idiot Europeans, who use centimetres, metres and kilometres! :wink: :D

Um, we use the metric system here...

gaigai 10-23-2009 10:26 AM

Hey k, great border!!! And you're spot on with the HST's in the corners! Great job!

And, I see a hairy spider in one corner of your photo!! :P :P

P.S. I spell it mitre. And I spell the color "grey" never "gray". And I cross my sevens. So there!! :mrgreen:

gaigai 10-23-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Originally Posted by k3n
EDITED to say - at least you lot still use inches, feet and miles unlike these idiot Europeans, who use centimetres, metres and kilometres! :wink: :D

Well, the metric system does make much more sense than the feet and yards etc. :mrgreen: (stirring the pot). We use the metric system in medicine!

sandpat 10-23-2009 10:37 AM

OK...we've now passed the spelling issue, pronunciation (I know I spelled that wrong) and NOW we are on to the Metric system...Somebody...anybody...HELP me!!! I'm in a group with some lunatics!!!! I barely understand the regular math system..please don't make me do metric...I could never learn it...heck, I still call the bottle of coke...you know the big ones....2 quart bottles :roll:

Now...I came on here because Monsieur le Coque Yelled at me today!!!! I told him...too bad...too late...I've decided to wait...and K----its whup your azzzzzz around here :mrgreen: You better bring a BIG stick! :wink:

Esqmommy 10-23-2009 10:38 AM

Moi? Upset? Nawtawtaall...(said in my best "english" accent)!! You know I"m ribbin' you, right???? :oops:

Esqmommy 10-23-2009 10:41 AM

IMHO, no math makes sense. So metric, whatever our system is called, and anything else that involves numbers is gobbldeygook in my brain. There's a reason I'm a Lawyer and not a CPA...or a Doctor. Although, that's my fantasy job...I just got a new client, 1st year out of his MD/PhD program in Dermatology and his salary is $550k per year....WTF??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 10-23-2009 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Originally Posted by k3n

Well, the metric system does make much more sense than the feet and yards etc. :mrgreen: (stirring the pot). We use the metric system in medicine!

The metric system does make sense... I find the American way really confusing. We do commonly use feet when talking about height -like I'm 5'4", and pounds to talk about weight.
Distances and everything else are measured in meters or KM.

However, lucky people who get to be in exchanges with me won't get a quarter yard, they'll get a nice quarter meter of fabric :)

gaigai 10-23-2009 11:23 AM

Mel, JoeAnn hasn't received your center yet, but it took a full two weeks for kgoodhand's quilt to get to me, and she did send it priority mail. So I told JoeAnn not to worry until after Halloween.

k3n 10-23-2009 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Moi? Upset? Nawtawtaall...(said in my best "english" accent)!! You know I"m ribbin' you, right???? :oops:

Yeah! :mrgreen:

sew cornie 10-23-2009 01:26 PM

Love the first three with borders! WOW! Isn't it amazing how it just comes to you what should be done?

I finished b.zang's today, but Group 7 is going to keep you on the edge of your seats. We're going to hold off on posting till everyone is finished so they're all together on our thread. It's been fun to watch yours though and I'll keep checking back for those slackers (isn't that what you've called them) to finish the other three. We'll just keep you in suspense a bit longer on our end. :twisted: