Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/irr-ii-group-4-pictures-%22quilters-around-world%22-t26692.html)

k3n 02-17-2010 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I have decided between these IRR's, my OBW I'm doing with Cutie, the class project I'm doing for Sophia, and a few other things, that I need about 4 different design walls! How do I talk DH into that one??? Ideas?? JK LOL!!!

A room HAS four walls, right? Call it 'moveable art'! :mrgreen:

sew cornie 02-17-2010 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I have decided between these IRR's, my OBW I'm doing with Cutie, the class project I'm doing for Sophia, and a few other things, that I need about 4 different design walls! How do I talk DH into that one??? Ideas?? JK LOL!!!

A room HAS four walls, right? Call it 'moveable art'! :mrgreen:

Be sure no one gets confused . . . 4 design walls are NOT the same thing as 4 padded walls. LOL.

gaigai 02-17-2010 11:23 PM

OK, well I FINALLY got my sewing room set up, decided what to do for Mel's center and got the blocks sewn together, but while making one strip, my machine started acting up. Evidently it needs to go to the doctor.... So, rather than mail out tomorrow as I planned, I need to take this one in and then buy a cheap one to sew on. Which means that I won't be able to mail out until next week. So, Esq, you have another week to breathe!!

Mel, I can take a pix and post what your center will look like (it just won't be sewn together) or can wait to post. It's up to you. Of course, if I go with the first, you can say if you don't like it and I'll do something else. I'll let you decide if you want pix now or later. Now, excuse me while I go bang my head against the sewing room table....

sandpat 02-18-2010 05:49 AM

OUCH!!! Hope you aren't getting those lumps that swell Gai....now to wait to see if Mel wants a sneak peak... :lol:

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 02-18-2010 06:56 AM

I'm not a patient girl, you guys should know that by now... I'm always so excited to see progress on the centers, whether they're assembled or not!
I'm sure it will be nice, and I'm DYING to see what it looks like, even if it's not sewn together!

Esqmommy 02-18-2010 07:03 AM

Take your time my dear Gai...plenty to keep me busy here!!

gaigai 02-18-2010 07:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
I'm not a patient girl, you guys should know that by now... I'm always so excited to see progress on the centers, whether they're assembled or not!
I'm sure it will be nice, and I'm DYING to see what it looks like, even if it's not sewn together!

OK, here it is then. I chose something that would resemble the crown on Lady Liberty, and at the corners added a 3D pinwheel, since JoeAnn's border is 3D geese. I hope you like it, but if not, I can change it.

k3n 02-18-2010 07:41 AM

Well i think it's gorgeous! (but then I had a sneaky peek already! ner ner ne ner ner!) I hadn't thought of the Liberty crown but now you say it - I SEE it! Perfick with the NYB blocks! Good one! :-D

LovingIzabella 02-18-2010 07:42 AM

GaiGai
That is absolutely stunning and I love the 3D effect of the corner-WOW.
hugs
April

gaigai 02-18-2010 07:43 AM

Thanks y'all. Now anxiously waiting to hear from Melanie.