Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Jackpot fom a co-worker! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/jackpot-fom-co-worker-t46337.html)

craftybear 05-19-2010 09:17 PM

nice, give him a gift certificate for a restaurant

annette1952 05-19-2010 10:10 PM

What a nice co-worker. That is a very nice quilting basket. Seems like most guys like food so find out from someone where he likes to eat & give him a gift certificate. You could also invite him over for a cook-out.
Have fun with your new basket

KiwiQuilter 05-19-2010 10:14 PM

Oh my gosh - how awesome!

How about some homemade baking? Cakes and biscuits?

weezie 05-20-2010 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
One of my co-workers is on a bowling league and won a door prize on Saturday. He said he took a lot of razzing from the other guys because he won the "Quilting Basket". I am the only quilter he knows.

Jackpot for me! Inside the cute basket I found 2 magazines, 2 patterns, assorted notions, 18 pieces of fabric that I thought were fat quarters. When I took it all apart, I discovered they are 1/2 yard or more each. I let his daughter have all the candy! I kept the good stuff! :thumbup:

Any ideas on how to "pay him back"? He said he doesn't want anything quilted :lol:

For me, it would depend on whether I thought he wanted to be paid back. Some people do not! I am one of those. If I gave you a door prize that I had won, I would want and expect nothing in return and would sincerely hope that you would not feel at all obligated. Accept and enjoy are all I want someone to do when I give a gift.

Same subject, different thought: It WAS very nice of him to be the giver and lucky of you to be the receiver.

nanamo 05-20-2010 09:24 AM

Make him a couple pot holders and tell him thank you

Diannia 05-20-2010 10:04 AM

I like the idea of a gift certificate to the bowling alley AND some homebaked goodies he can take with him there.

KarenBarnes 05-20-2010 02:51 PM

What a lucky day! Cool colors and patterns to boot! See you Saturday!

zz-pd 05-20-2010 03:08 PM

wow you sure did hit the jack pot, I love the colors of fabric. maybe you could make him chocolate chip cookies. that is the key to all the men in my family. God bless and have fun with all your new toys. Penny

GrammaNan 05-20-2010 04:46 PM

A Starbuck's gift card or homemade cookies/brownies has always worked for me.

Keeps Them In Stitches 05-30-2010 12:23 AM

Enough brownies for him and the bowling team. Just because he thought of you to give the quilt basket to instead of passing it out to somebody else in the bowling alley. Just like someone mentioned earlier in this post, it would be interesting to know why a quilting basket was part of the prizes at the league. I'm willing to bet that it was a mixed league.

His daughter already got all the candy that was in the basket so that should be enough for her.

WOW What a great score for you :-)