Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Jewel quilt ruler work (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/jewel-quilt-ruler-work-t305079.html)

Three Dog Night 06-06-2019 05:58 AM

Jewel quilt ruler work

4 Attachment(s)
The LQS in my home town has been having a monthly ruler class using Westalee rulers. Our first project was Janet Collins Sampler quilt and we are now working on the Jewel quilt by Angela Attwood. Last month we worked on the center square and this month we are working on panel 1 and 6" corner squares. I completed the final panel yesterday. When finished they will be joined by sashing, I used a lilac fabric on the back and am using Glide thread (Warm Gray) for top and bottom. First time I have used Glide thread and I like the sheen that it has, not sure how it would work for piecing but like it for quilting. It shows up on "jewel" blocks and blends into the gray panels. I haven't decided yet on color of sashing; I have enough of the purple from center square but I am leaning towards using black. Learning so much from this quilt in using my rulers.

osewme 06-06-2019 06:15 AM

Fantastic ruler work. I would love to take a class but we have no LQS here & our little Sewing Lounge has not offered one yet.

Iceblossom 06-06-2019 06:33 AM

Awesome! The quilting part of the process is always my downfall but I think the ruler techniques could work for me. Thanks for sharing.

QuiltnNan 06-06-2019 06:34 AM

everything looks terrific!

DJ 06-06-2019 06:42 AM

Is this the Ruler of the Month class at Quilting Mayhem? If so, I should take it, too. You're doing a great job. What machine are you using?

Three Dog Night 06-06-2019 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 8262291)
Is this the Ruler of the Month class at Quilting Mayhem? If so, I should take it, too. You're doing a great job. What machine are you using?

Yes, this is the Ruler of the Month class. We meet the last Friday of the month. We started with playing with different rulers and then worked on Janet Collins sampler quilt. This quilt is easier to work with since you are working on blocks/panels and then connecting with sashing like a QAYG. I am using my Pfaff Performance 5.0 for this quilt but I have a Pfaff Select 3 that I also use. Come join us, we're a small group and get lots of good instruction from Debbie.

Jordan 06-06-2019 07:48 AM

Amazing ruler quilt work. Bet you put this technique to good use. It is always fun to learn new things.

Tartan 06-06-2019 10:09 AM

​Well done!

DJ 06-06-2019 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night (Post 8262301)
Yes, this is the Ruler of the Month class. We meet the last Friday of the month. We started with playing with different rulers and then worked on Janet Collins sampler quilt. This quilt is easier to work with since you are working on blocks/panels and then connecting with sashing like a QAYG. I am using my Pfaff Performance 5.0 for this quilt but I have a Pfaff Select 3 that I also use. Come join us, we're a small group and get lots of good instruction from Debbie.

Thanks for the information and the invite! I can't make it in June, but will check my calendar and plan to join in at some point.

Jingle 06-06-2019 03:34 PM

Beautiful ruler quilting.