Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   just picked two quilts up from the quilters and bought a few things (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/just-picked-two-quilts-up-quilters-bought-few-things-t8108.html)

barnbum 06-14-2008 09:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The quilts came out great. I chose the same design for each. They don't have a lot of choices this early into their business, but I'm not too picky. The thread in each is variegated.

The sunflower one is sold, I think. A young woman at work wants it. I'm taking it in Tuesday for her to see it; if she buys it she can pick the binding color.

The other will be added to my craft sale items.

a few small purchases--on the left pieces to make more French braided table runners. I need to find the center fabric. On right are items that were on sale. The leaves will be for my girlfriend's gift bag.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12332[/ATTACH]

sunflower front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12333[/ATTACH]

and the back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12334[/ATTACH]

barnbum 06-14-2008 09:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's the Basket Weave one.

I'm going to go now to cut several small pieces from my stash to share with the friend I bought those batiks for. I'll wrap each one... just to make her smile. :D

I had my class go into her class and say "We know what your gift is, and it's beautiful" just to keep the fun going. Hee hee. I almost want to drag the anticipation out another week. But I won't.

I washed and ironed the batiks for her, too.

It really is so true that giving is a WHOLE lot more fun that receiving. :lol:

On left are fabrics to make more table runners. On right pretty fat quarters to keep and share.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12335[/ATTACH]

I just love the back!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12336[/ATTACH]

Harmony 06-14-2008 09:57 AM

Looks like you're planning to fill your summer vacation with lots of quilting!

Bevanger 06-14-2008 10:16 AM

Your quilts are beautiful. I love the fabric. I love buying fabric. Isn't it fun?

barnbum 06-14-2008 10:45 AM

Oh Bev--it's waaaay too much fun. I truly think therapists have the wrong idea about making women smile. Laying on a couch talking just wouldn't do it for me--but send me to a fabric shop and demand I buy a few yards--and I'm cured from what ails me!! :D

AND I have two fully punched cards at the quilt shop--allowing me $20 off my next purchase. WooHoo!!

I should be good to go for awhile. Once those Civil War fabrics come in the mail. :wink: My goal is to quilt for a minimum of an hour a day over the summer--hopefully 2+ hours a day!!

I figured it out--I'll have 15 hours a day to accomplish stuff--2-3 hours with horses, 2 hours quilting, I'll will start running 2 miles 5 days a week, housework, a little food prep here and there. This is going to be one awesome summer. :D :D :D :D :D :D

beachlady 06-14-2008 10:57 AM

Beautiful work as usual Karla. You are such a motivated person.

barnbum 06-14-2008 11:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I was thinking I shouldn't post the tops again, but there are new folks here who might want to see what the quilts looked like from a distance--these were posted unpon completion, but here they are again.

mgshaw 06-14-2008 12:06 PM

Very very pretty quilts and fabric, I love your idea for therapy! Makes me want to go a little mental, ok well maybe I already am but it least I can use it for an excuse to buy fabric! :lol: :lol: :roll:

FancyFoot 06-14-2008 12:14 PM

Awesome quilts!!!!
I LOVE the Basket Weave one :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Izy 06-14-2008 12:27 PM

Karla, they look fantastic...the quilters have done a great job, I love the wave pattern...it won't be long before you are doing the quilting yourself, the way you are coming on!!!!

I particularly like the bird and flower fabric on the back wow!!! :D :D :D