Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Kaleidoscope projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/kaleidoscope-projects-t17706.html)

gcathie 03-15-2009 10:05 PM

Oh Rhonda.....stunning love that pattern.......another one I'll just have to try real soon.....Thank you ......:-)

patricej 03-16-2009 12:06 AM

those are just beautiful!!! you have a great eye for seeing the best places to cut for a stunning result. :thumbup:

k3n 03-16-2009 12:57 AM

Those are stunning - I can't add anything to the above suggestions but I'd go with wall hangings! Maybe several small ones then group them together on a large wall. Then you won't get bored and you get a 'quick' reward. You don't have to finishe them all at once, you could add to the 'group' over time.

Now I'm going to look at your site for instructions, oh my to do list is huge and the garden is calling for attention but I just can't resist these!!!

K x

kathy 03-16-2009 03:08 AM

I have got to learn to do that! They're gorgeous!!!!!!

Rhonda 03-16-2009 05:51 AM

The trick to getting great kaleidoscopes is picking the right fabric. I explained this in the directions. I did some once with fabric that had a collage of kitchen items and it was ok but I wasn't real happy with it but I did sell the hotpads I made from it so it was ok. But I prefer the more dainty look of the flowers. I made some recently from a bird fabric and am not real happy with it so I didn't show it here. I think it looks funny to see a bird head repeated around the circle!! It one of them the head is chopped off and my mom didn't like that!

Sharon M 03-16-2009 06:17 AM

you have a done a beautiful job with these! I have bookmarked your instructions. I can't imagine me being able to do something that beautiful but I am going to give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing your work and instructions.

Rhonda 03-16-2009 06:36 AM

If you use a clear plastic for your template and use a marker to trace the features of the spot you choose so you can set it on the next repeat spot you will find it is so easy and fun!! If you have any problems just let me know. I have to tweak the size of my template some times to get the sections to join right and lay down right. It is so rewarding and surprising to see the kaleidoscope(wish it had a shorter name!) come together because you never know what it will look like til you get at least half of it together! I really enjoy them!
I hope to see what everyone does with theirs!!

Bevanger 03-16-2009 07:08 AM

Gosh, I don't know how to help ya, but they sure are pretty... Hrmmmm small? A wall hanging, maybe on totes or a lapquilt, table runner

Marcia 03-16-2009 06:56 PM

Your projects are beautiful!!

I just took a kaleidoscope class on Saturday. What a fun new way to make a quilt!!

Rhonda 03-16-2009 06:59 PM

Have you posted any pics???? Turn about is fair play!! I showed you some of mine so now we want to see yours!! :D :D