Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   kaleidoscope table topper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/kaleidoscope-table-topper-t71859.html)

brenda21 02-01-2011 05:31 PM

beautiful!!!

4girlsmimi 02-01-2011 06:05 PM

Very pretty!

jacie 02-01-2011 06:59 PM

I would like to try this one, I do have theEnglish translation of Roolen.s, but like others, was intimidatd by such lovely work as Roolen's...... whew, surely would not be able to duplicate such beautiful work as she does. I did buy the template too. but like others,,,,, where should I start? and where did you get the pattern???? what quilt shop?

jacie

BizyStitches 02-02-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by dyer804

Originally Posted by BizyStitches
Yes, I've made it and I also found the pattern at my fabric store. I will try to post a picture now. I didn't pick out very good colors because I really didn't think I would be able to make it, but once it was done I really liked it. I added a faux binding instead. I had to piece the back and I don't do any fancy quilting so I only did the stitch in the ditch.

What is a faux binding? Your topper is beautiful and nothing looks "faux" to me!

It is a fake binding, if you look at the back of the topper you will see there isn't any binding. I sew a strip to each side of top. Lay out batting, then back right side up, then topper right side down. Sew around leaving an opening to turn. Does that make sense?

BizyStitches 02-02-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by jacie
I would like to try this one, I do have theEnglish translation of Roolen.s, but like others, was intimidatd by such lovely work as Roolen's...... whew, surely would not be able to duplicate such beautiful work as she does. I did buy the template too. but like others,,,,, where should I start? and where did you get the pattern???? what quilt shop?

jacie

I guess I didn't word my message right. What I meant was after I made my topper, I happen to see the pattern at Craft Warehouse in Gresham Oregon. But I do not remember what the name on it was sorry. Yes her quilting really made the top, but I'm only skilled enough to do the stitch in the ditch. LOL

Debbie B 02-02-2011 07:30 AM

You should do a tutorial on this faux binding complete with pictures. I would love to "see" how it's done.

Yes, I've made it and I also found the pattern at my fabric store. I will try to post a picture now. I didn't pick out very good colors because I really didn't think I would be able to make it, but once it was done I really liked it. I added a faux binding instead. I had to piece the back and I don't do any fancy quilting so I only did the stitch in the ditch.

What is a faux binding? Your topper is beautiful and nothing looks "faux" to me!

It is a fake binding, if you look at the back of the topper you will see there isn't any binding. I sew a strip to each side of top. Lay out batting, then back right side up, then topper right side down. Sew around leaving an opening to turn. Does that make sense?

dyer804 02-02-2011 12:18 PM

Yes! Thanks

busygranny 02-02-2011 12:32 PM

what is the name of the pattern? I would like to make this butI don't exactly understand her directions. I need more, so if there is a pattern out there, I would just as soon as buy it. Thanks

busygranny 02-02-2011 12:34 PM

what is the name of the pattern? i would like to buy it.

newquiltmama 02-02-2011 12:37 PM

The one I have is called Happy Holidays from Atkinson's Designs. I made one for Christmas for my table but it didn't look nothing like hers. My triangles did not line up very well. I want to take another shot at it and do better, we will see.

http://atkinsondesigns.com/patterns/