Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Kind of a new topic (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/kind-new-topic-t23002.html)

jacquemoe 07-19-2009 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I posted this on another post but it's a couple of pages back. I just wanted to say:
Ever since I joined this site (before I had my longarm) I never knew so man women could be so sweet and thoughtful and giving. Quilters are very special women and I'm proud to be a part of this community.
Thank you all for the uplifting words and your support, watching me grow. I do get excited when I learn something new and just want to share with everyone. I show anyone that will stand still long enough to look.
See the picture, I'm actually going to piece a quilt for my granddaugter, hopefully, by December. This is my first attempt at the disappearing 9 patch. I love how you can play with it. Sorry, the lighting isn't so good.
I haven't picked out the fabric yet.

cutebuns 07-19-2009 07:59 PM

that is great, I am sure that you can do it by christmas, I have not tried the disappeating nine patch yet but it is near the top of my list.

I have had a lot of luck with the people on the board myself, I find them careing and loving and very giving, may it spread past our lives here and all around us.

kluedesigns 07-19-2009 08:14 PM

it looks great. i love the D9P, its simplicity at its finest - just a few cuts and it becomes another block completely.

amma 07-19-2009 08:20 PM

Your granddaughter will love having a quilt that grama made :wink: I can't wait to see it and how you are going to quilt it, too :D :D :D

2wheelwoman 07-19-2009 08:24 PM

I've heard a lot about the Disappearing 9 Patch on this board (full of wonderful people, I agree). I'd like to try it sometime, and will be anxious to see your completed one. What a wonderful Christmas gift for your granddaughter.

omak 07-19-2009 08:45 PM

Like you, I am just getting around to the D9P, after telling everyone else about it, even teaching a teacher to teach it to her ladies at the Senior Center!
I have a friend who really likes playing with the blocks, even though she doesn't sew or piece quilts, she just really likes playing with the layouts for blocks.
It has really been a way for me to just sew and sew and she just puts them down for me ... so, last week we started on the D9P ... will show you the end result because my friend thinks she has a plan! LOL I promised her I would only work on the project when she is with me, so it will take some time.
I like what you have done so far, J ... keep showing us all your talent!

tlrnhi 07-19-2009 09:35 PM

Oh Jackie! It's gonna be nice!
Can't wait to see it all finished with all the magic you do on the quilts. :)

katier825 07-20-2009 01:20 AM

Those look great! I'd love to try that pattern too. Does anyone have hints on color placement and how it affects different layouts? :)

Quilt4u 07-20-2009 01:45 AM

That is going to be so Beautiful.

PamH 07-20-2009 02:39 AM

That is gonna be beautiful.. I have made two doll quilts using that pattern, it is one of my favorite patterns. Can't wait to see yours. Keep us posted.