Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Kindergarden purse for DGS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/kindergarden-purse-dgs-t129878.html)

granny_59 06-12-2011 08:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
DGS will start kindergarden in August and I finally made his purse. He loves everthing related to mcqueen and he adored the fabric I got from a member of this board - thanks again.

In the little inside pocket is a "bussinescard" out of fabric with his full name and adress.
Hope he will like it.
Granny

trif 06-12-2011 08:08 AM

It's an adorable purse, I'm sure he will love it. I have to ask though, is this what the kids use to take there school supplies back and forth? In our area the kids use backpacks. I'm just curious, always fun to learn what we all do around the globe.

erstan947 06-12-2011 08:09 AM

Once again a great project. Love the cars:)

QuiltnNan 06-12-2011 08:25 AM

terrific design. i'm sure he will love it!

dinlauren 06-12-2011 08:53 AM

What a wonderful book bag...I'm sure he's going to adore it.

granny_59 06-12-2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by trif
It's an adorable purse, I'm sure he will love it. I have to ask though, is this what the kids use to take there school supplies back and forth? In our area the kids use backpacks. I'm just curious, always fun to learn what we all do around the globe.

In switzerland the kids start with kindergarten the year they turn five - no government schooling before that.
The first year of kindergarten they spend the morning (8p.m. to 12p.m.) the second year also two to three afternoons from 2 to 4.
So all he will have to "transport" will be a little box with a snack and a drinking bottle. It is more a "statussymbol" to show that he is now a big boy going to school :-)

After two years of kindergarden they start with first grade and then they carry their stuff also in backpacks.
Granny

romanojg 06-12-2011 10:23 AM

I can't imagine two years of kindergarden. My youngest grandson just turned 5 in April and just finished pre-K in the public schools (not all towns around here offer this) and now he goes into kindergarden in the fall. Of course also rare around here the pre-k and kindergarden are full time. hopefully he'll only spend 1 yr in kindergarden

emsgranny 06-12-2011 10:45 AM

Its just great!!! It will be even more special since his grandma made it....If he doesnt like it my DGS start kindergarten and I KNOW he would like it lol

trif 06-12-2011 11:07 AM

He will have all his friends asking for one just like his. He will definitely be a big boy carrying his new bag.

granny_59 06-12-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg
I can't imagine two years of kindergarden. My youngest grandson just turned 5 in April and just finished pre-K in the public schools (not all towns around here offer this) and now he goes into kindergarden in the fall. Of course also rare around here the pre-k and kindergarden are full time. hopefully he'll only spend 1 yr in kindergarden

My DGS turned four in January and our schoolyears start in late August and last till end of June.
So both of them will be about the same age when they start school.