Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   L@@K at my early Christmas gift from DH!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/l%40%40k-my-early-christmas-gift-dh-t32003.html)

alaskasunshine 12-20-2009 08:19 PM

Sulabug, What a lovely gift!!! I am thrilled for you. Please post a picture of your work when you get rolling on it. How absolutly wonderful. I have wanted a treadle machine for many years. It is so beautiful!!! :thumbup: Where did you find it? Did your Dh find it? If so, he sure did know what you were looking for. That is certainly a sweet gift. Oh I am just tickled for you!!! :-D

huntannette 12-20-2009 08:45 PM

wow!! Awesome. I think it`s exactly the same as mine. I got mine from the original owner about 10 years ago. Only thing I didn`t do was ask her the date of it. Is there a way to know?

Pats8e8 12-20-2009 09:05 PM

Cheryl, that is gorgeous, looks like it is in such good shape too. Yes, sounds like your hubby is a keeper! Merry Christmas!

pal 12-20-2009 09:08 PM

You are such a gracious lady, Sulabug.

I'm so glad you got such a wonderful present!

You're going to love your new machine. I have a 1947

Featherweight and it's the greatest!!!

omak 12-20-2009 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Sulabug, What a lovely gift!!! I am thrilled for you. Please post a picture of your work when you get rolling on it. How absolutly wonderful. I have wanted a treadle machine for many years. It is so beautiful!!! :thumbup: Where did you find it? Did your Dh find it? If so, he sure did know what you were looking for. That is certainly a sweet gift. Oh I am just tickled for you!!! :-D

Did you know that Janome is selling a treadle machine???

omak 12-20-2009 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette
wow!! Awesome. I think it`s exactly the same as mine. I got mine from the original owner about 10 years ago. Only thing I didn`t do was ask her the date of it. Is there a way to know?

There are a couple of sewing machine fellows/experts on the board somewhere ... if I remember correctly, the date of the machine is actually contained within the model numbers, but I don't remember exactly how that was configured, so if you are really curious, go ahead and start a thread about your treadle and its number, and you will find them <wave>

Pickles 12-20-2009 10:13 PM

Wow..Sulabug what a beautiful gift that your sweet Husband
gave you , you so deserved it and I can't wait to see what you will make with it.Congrats to you and Merry Christmas
to you and your DH..

Sandy1951 12-20-2009 11:12 PM

Your DH rocks! What a lovely present! Wow, both the machine and the stand are in beautiful condition. Someone took excellent care of it over the years. What a sweet hubby you have! :thumbup:

amma 12-20-2009 11:58 PM

Awwww She is gorgeous!!! (((HUGS))) to DH for supporting your quilting, and bringing her home to you!!! :D:D:D

nellie 12-21-2009 12:47 AM

wow what a beauitful sewing machine ,looks like they did a nice job on restoring it back to looking new again ,beauitful machine great gift from dh you'r so lucky