Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Labrinth Walk quilting suggestions for an "Old/New" Quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/labrinth-walk-quilting-suggestions-old-new-quilter-t306902.html)

A1penny 09-16-2019 04:27 AM

Wow on the Labyrinth Walk quilt....I'd actually be afraid to lay down on it, it looks like I'd crush it and fall into the depths! Very impressive. I would have it quilted with something that didn't really show, I would hate for you to ruin it with too much quilting.

Taughtby Grandma 09-16-2019 05:54 AM

I love all your quilts! I think you should be proud of each and every one! I like the bears paw because it is a traditional pattern, the the labyrinth has beautiful colors and the other two have great patterns as well. Nice job!

Sherryquilts 09-16-2019 05:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617444[/ATTACH]Welcome Liz, good job - and I love your color choices, I made a purple Labyrinth as well probably about 10 years ago. I used washable wool batting (it is my favorite batting!) I quilted it on my Bernina 440 and I did pebbles too. It was a fun quilt to make.

Homespun 09-16-2019 06:00 AM

All your quilts are lovely. I made this pattern in almost the same colors and I did an all over pattern. I have a mid arm machine on a frame...non-computerized.

Jordan 09-16-2019 08:13 AM

I love all of your quilts. Your bear paw quilt is gorgeous as I love that pattern-I just can't understand why your family did not like it!!LOL I have no idea of how to quilt your Labyrinth quilt because I send all of my quilts to my long arm quilter and she does her magic. Your Labyrinth is so beautiful and whatever quilt design you choose will be a stunning accent to the quilt. Good luck on your decision.

Lv2FMQ 09-16-2019 09:57 AM

I love all your quilts, especially the "No One Wants" quilt...will you adopt me....LOL And your Labyrinth is gorgeous. Sorry, but I have no advice to give you for the quilting. I'm a sometimes confident FMQ beginner. But I do know that your daughter will be getting a real beautiful quilt.

feline fanatic 09-16-2019 10:06 AM

Great job on all your quilts. If you send your LW out to be professionally quilted, hopefully you will find one that can have it ready for you by Christmas. Most I know are already taking Christmas quilts and many cut off in October.

An all over is the most economical way to go. Pricing varies by area and also by density of design but for the most part it averages .015 to .025 per S/I Some places a little higher, others lower. So if your quilt finished as the pattern states at 84 x 84 an E2E design can run anywhere from $106 to $177. You would have to supply the backing and batting or purchase it from the longarmer.

Custom quilting would probably start at around $250 to as high as a $1000 depending who does the quilting and how detailed and dense it is.

I have seen this quilt done both with E2E and custom and quite honestly the piecing makes such a dramatic statement the quilting didn't make a bit of difference one way or the other. It looked great both ways.

Jingle 09-16-2019 01:57 PM

All your quilts are very pretty.

BSKTLOFR-QUILTER 09-16-2019 03:15 PM

I'll send addy for quilt nobody wanted. you have a hidden talent and looking forward to watching it develop. welcome to board.

Grace creates 09-16-2019 04:00 PM

All of your quilts are gorgeous. The color choices and skill are so remarkable. I'm thinking you would also have lots of talents doing fmq.