Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Labyrinth Walk - this was tough for me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/labyrinth-walk-tough-me-t235669.html)

hopetoquilt 11-28-2013 02:43 PM

Looks fabulous. First red one I have ever seen. I bought the pattern and am excited to eventually make one. I got it in the magazine and need to make sure I use the added measurement correction sheet.

paulswalia 11-28-2013 02:54 PM

Well Susy, I have to say you did better than me because yours is finished! I Did one in shades of green/gray and black. BUT I haven't got it quilted yet. I agree, 5 of the blocks (call them block "A") were easier than the other four ("block "B") ad he key to this is keep things organized. I had a piece of pink insulation board near my machine with all pieces grouped and pinned to the board.

dcquilter 11-28-2013 02:59 PM

It looks great!

Tiggersmom 11-28-2013 04:27 PM

One of my minigroups plan to do this pattern next year..........I'm opting out.......yes, I'm a party pooper.

It looks too out of my comfort zone even if I made it in civil war or 30ths fabrics!

I'm glad your hubby encouraged you! I won't even show it to mine. LOL

grandmaofeight 11-28-2013 04:41 PM

Wonderful job!!!!!!

lynnie 11-28-2013 04:44 PM

I think it came out great love the colors too

Susy 11-28-2013 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tiggersmom (Post 6428935)
One of my minigroups plan to do this pattern next year..........I'm opting out.......yes, I'm a party pooper.

It looks too out of my comfort zone even if I made it in civil war or 30ths fabrics!

I'm glad your hubby encouraged you! I won't even show it to mine. LOL

Ha ha, I was thinking many times I wish I hadn't shown it to mine!! Definitely out of my comfort zone and can't say I will do it again but now that its done, I'm OK with it and my hero thinks I'm his heroine! So, there ya go!

phranny 11-28-2013 05:17 PM

It looks great! I would love to make one for our architectural son when he graduates, but I think it's beyond my skills at the moment. Good work, though!

GrandmaPeggy 11-28-2013 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Susy (Post 6428965)
Ha ha, I was thinking many times I wish I hadn't shown it to mine!! Definitely out of my comfort zone and can't say I will do it again but now that its done, I'm OK with it and my hero thinks I'm his heroine! So, there ya go!

OMG, it is Beautiful! You did a wonderful job on that quilt and I know you are really proud of your accomplishment.
I have a hubby who thinks I can do anything too. It is wonderful, but sometimes frustrating, because maybe this time I really wanted him to say, "I don't know if you are ready to try that project yet. Why don't you wait a while". However, I have successfully achieved many things I was hesitant to pursue, just because of his encouragement and faith in me. We are lucky ladies!

Susy 11-28-2013 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by GrandmaPeggy (Post 6428986)
OMG, it is Beautiful! You did a wonderful job on that quilt and I know you are really proud of your accomplishment.
I have a hubby who thinks I can do anything too. It is wonderful, but sometimes frustrating, because maybe this time I really wanted him to say, "I don't know if you are ready to try that project yet. Why don't you wait a while". However, I have successfully achieved many things I was hesitant to pursue, just because of his encouragement and faith in me. We are lucky ladies!

Yes, we are, though, during this quilt, I may have been a smidge impolite to him once or twice...??, however, you are right, though definitely imperfect, I am feeling proud! And yay, another done, I am intent on finishing my "oh so many" UFO's!