Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   ladies done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ladies-done-t23930.html)

Bevanger 08-09-2009 04:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I redid the first ones eyes. Made them darker
I redid the lipstick in 2nd ladies hand. I think it looks better. I just wish their skin was darker. i don't want to tear it out cuz it'll leave holes

sewjoyce 08-09-2009 04:53 AM

They are so cute! You did a great job!

Maybe you could a darker shade of brown on the skin -- the shade that you used in the pillow the girl is sitting on would be good I think. Just a suggestion....

Bevanger 08-09-2009 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Maybe you could a darker shade of brown on the skin -- the shade that you used in the pillow the girl is sitting on would be good I think. Just a suggestion....

The brown is actually darker then it shows. I think I found a darker shade. I'll redo sections at a time

sewjoyce 08-09-2009 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger

The brown is actually darker then it shows. I think I found a darker shade. I'll redo sections at a time

Gosh, I really hate to redo embroidery -- but I think you'll like it better if you do.... :cry:

Iluv2quilt 08-09-2009 05:57 AM

The ladies are beautiful! I love their eyelashes!

Bevanger 08-09-2009 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger

Gosh, I really hate to redo embroidery -- but I think you'll like it better if you do.... :cry:

Its about half way done and I like it so much more. Just redoing skin areas. I don;t wanna do all this hard work to find after I'm done it don't look right. I only have 2 ladies done, so might as well fix them now

Ninnie 08-09-2009 05:58 AM

Very cute!

Bevanger 08-09-2009 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by suzic46
The ladies are beautiful! I love their eyelashes!

Thank you. Redoing a bit so will post again when done

Bevanger 08-09-2009 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Very cute!

Thank you

mpspeedy 08-09-2009 06:16 AM

What an adorable pattern. If it were me I would use those fabric crayons to give the bodies in particular a little color. Kind of like a watercolor wash. I have several Handquilted white on white pieces I intend to tint. Pretend you are giving them makeup like rouge etc.