Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Lamp Cover (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/lamp-cover-t700.html)

angeldncr82 03-05-2007 02:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, I realize this is not a complex project, but I'm still proud. As I was shopping with my mom this weekend, she could not find a red checkered lamp shade for her kitchen. In a moment of exasperation I said, "I'll just make you one!" On getting home with her newly bought plain lampshade I realized I did not know what I was doing! I traced the shade shape onto a piece of butcher paper, and then paper pieced strips to it. (After looking at it for awhile and failing with other approaches!) Just thought I'd share my victory!

Lights on!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]654[/ATTACH]

The shade pre-on the lamp
[ATTACH=CONFIG]873[/ATTACH]

KATHY D 03-05-2007 04:48 PM

Very nice! You should be proud and I bet your Mother just loves it.

kathy 03-06-2007 03:49 AM

sure looks like you knew what you were doing!

mimisharon 03-06-2007 08:13 AM

That's smart thinking and working. I really like that. Good idea for my husband's favorite lamp.

Sharon

ButtercreamCakeArtist 03-06-2007 01:54 PM

That is awesome! I bet your Mom loves it! It's great!

Boo 03-06-2007 03:02 PM

Aren't you just the little smarty! :lol: I never think up stuff like that. Congrats to you, keep up the good work!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 03-06-2007 03:39 PM

I have no idea what is up with my posts being doubled. And the duplicate is farther down than the first! :roll:

angeldncr82 03-07-2007 10:00 AM

Thanks for all of your responses!! I felt kinda silly for posting it, but I'm glad to see you like it. As I said, it was a small victory! We all need some of those! However, now my husband is a little worried as I look at all the lamps in OUR house and say, what fabric from my stash will look good on THAT lamp? :lol:

Ramona Byrd 02-13-2010 02:02 PM

Thanks for all of your responses!! I felt kinda silly for posting it, but I'm glad to see you like it. As I said, it was a small victory! We all need some of those! However, now my husband is a little worried as I look at all the lamps in OUR house and say, what fabric from my stash will look good on THAT lamp?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I know very well what I'm going to do with this idea. I have a lamp from
the 1940s that my late husband loved, and I can't force myself to get rid of it,
even though the shade is almost impossible to re-do. But this way I can match
the colors in my front room and use this family treasure for a long time to come,
as a night light. The low wattage bulb will not harm the fabric for many a year.
Thanks for such a clever idea!!

LisaT 02-13-2010 02:42 PM

Great job!
My Mom has made a couple crocheted lamp covers for my daughter. They add such a nice texture and when you turn the lamp on the effect is pretty cool. Especially one she did in a rainbow crochet and the lamp has a multi colored bulb in it that we found in Home Depot.
Anyway -I digress....

Yay you! And it looks great!!

I hate it when I get something I want stuck in my head and I just can't find it in the stores!