Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Landlords Quilt Done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/landlords-quilt-done-t20972.html)

Bevanger 06-11-2009 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected]
i like it bev the black brings the color out

thank you so much :D

peel 06-11-2009 07:01 AM

bev
love the quilt, but love the label even more. is that what the house looks like. how big is label, is it applique. WOW
One of the quilts on my list to make is a picture of my friends house, that's why all my questions
peel

marla 06-11-2009 09:01 AM

Very nice. I saw a similar pattern in BH&G magazine. Very modern!

Feathers 06-11-2009 09:09 AM

Bev: The picture of your friend holding her new quilt made my heart happy. She very obviously loved your gift of appreciation and how wonderful of you to make it for her. I love the quilt but then, I'm the self professed Scrappy Quilt Queen! I love scrap quilts. Good job. Thanks for sharing.

wraez 06-11-2009 11:29 AM

Bev, that is absolutely wonderful! And look at that beaming smile it brought to Lisa's face... you can tell she was honestly surprised and loves it.

You did a great job.

warm quilt hugs, sue

Bevanger 06-11-2009 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by peel
bev
love the quilt, but love the label even more. is that what the house looks like. how big is label, is it applique. WOW
One of the quilts on my list to make is a picture of my friends house, that's why all my questions
peel

THANK YOU...No its not this house. The label was given to me just for the blanket... its a long story about us getting in the house we are in now, thanks to our angels (new landlords). This was an appreciation blanket .. The house was ironed onto interfacing and stitched on by hand.

Bevanger 06-11-2009 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by marla
Very nice. I saw a similar pattern in BH&G magazine. Very modern!

Thank you. I actually found this block online. It was part of a BOM. With my many angels here to guide me I feel it turned out just perfect and my landlady loved it

Bevanger 06-11-2009 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Bev: The picture of your friend holding her new quilt made my heart happy. She very obviously loved your gift of appreciation and how wonderful of you to make it for her. I love the quilt but then, I'm the self professed Scrappy Quilt Queen! I love scrap quilts. Good job. Thanks for sharing.

The gal is actually our new landlord. She & her hubby own the house we're renting now. Long story short, we wouldv;e been out on the streets ,no where to go if it weren't for them. We now have a loving house we can call HOME

Bevanger 06-11-2009 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by wraez
Bev, that is absolutely wonderful! And look at that beaming smile it brought to Lisa's face... you can tell she was honestly surprised and loves it.

You did a great job.

warm quilt hugs, sue

THANK YOU