Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Landscape quilt progress #3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/landscape-quilt-progress-3-a-t175012.html)

tjmoore9 01-09-2012 11:02 AM

Landscape quilt progress #3

3 Attachment(s)
Cabin is started. I have siding down and roof. All the details that makes the cabin have demention comes a little later. I satin stitch a lot in my cabins, my porch poles are all done with satin stitch. just wanted to show you how it looks in the beginning. pretty funny huh? :-) next, I think I will do the windows. I am hoping to find some golden colored fabric for the inside of my window. really makes it look warm and cozy like in the last quilt. a small detail, but really adds to the cabin I think. My houses takes the most time to do as you can imagine. lots of details, but oh so fun! Will keep posting as I go. The first is what my quilt looks like on the other side. I am quilting right on the paper. The paper starts to rip apart as go. in the end, it will rip all away and whallllawwww...I have a picture made of fabric. [ATTACH=CONFIG]301657[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]301661[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]301655[/ATTACH]

tjmoore9 01-09-2012 11:09 AM

you can see how I am literely tracing the picture, with my feed dogs down. A really fun way to quilt. I use dark markers so I can see better through my quilt in some place where it is important. :-)

Have to mention for anyone trying this. In the beginning, the paper is always hard to work with, but as you go it gets more plyable...so don't worry if it is hard at first. It will get easier.

sassey 01-09-2012 01:11 PM

very impressive wish I could do that

Vivian Ketron 01-09-2012 05:35 PM

Wow, what a project. Keep up the good work.

kacklebird 01-09-2012 05:38 PM

Wow, that is unbelievable. I bet that is taking a lot of time, but it's awesome :)

grammysharon 01-10-2012 08:27 AM

It is great to see how you work and your progress each day! Thank you for posting!!!!!!!!!!!

blueangel 01-10-2012 01:46 PM

It's awesome.

blahel 01-10-2012 04:00 PM

Great to see step by step your quilt come to life..looking forward to more step by step pics.

tjmoore9 01-10-2012 04:12 PM

well, I go back to school tonight. Hopefully I find time inbetween my classes to quilt. I am done with the really hard science courses and was hoping to keep quilting. so if you do not see anything posted for a while you will know why. as soon as I do the window, will post a picture I promise. Should I post under here? or start a new thread like I have been doing? I could start with reply that reads progress picture # 4, than continue. That might be better in keeping off of the pics in one thread. :-)

I am off to start my class pharm! As a nurse I hear this class is super important. I am looking forward to meeting my professor. Heard she is great!

see ya in a few days I hope.

Tammy

toadmomma 01-11-2012 03:59 AM

It is coming along great, cant wait to see it finished.