Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   lap quilt for my grandma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/lap-quilt-my-grandma-t87074.html)

CarolinePaj 01-02-2011 03:02 PM

I'm sure that your grandma will just love it. It is really lovely.

Hugs

hperttula123 01-02-2011 03:12 PM

thanks....I'm working on the binding right now so I can wash it before I ship it off to her.

mollymct 01-02-2011 04:42 PM

Wow! You are fast! I love it!! Cute, cute, cute!

Debbie B 01-02-2011 04:49 PM

You are certainly good at free motion quilting! Is this on a regular home sewing machine or a longarm? Do you mark your quilts or just go with the flow? You have an artist's touch.

hperttula123 01-02-2011 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie B
You are certainly good at free motion quilting! Is this on a regular home sewing machine or a longarm? Do you mark your quilts or just go with the flow? You have an artist's touch.

On a long arm....I just go with the flow. I am looking into getting some stencils to help me learn how to do feathering. I love it and can't do it well.

Debbie B 01-02-2011 05:15 PM

I've been trying to learn on my home sewing machine and it has such a small throat space. It can be frustrating. I bought the book Hooked on Feathers and it shows a fairly easy way to make feathers with a hook. With what you do already I think you'll have feathers down in no time. When you get your stencils & try it out...be sure to post a picture of it.

Originally Posted by hperttula123

On a long arm....I just go with the flow. I am looking into getting some stencils to help me learn how to do feathering. I love it and can't do it well.

ilovetosew 01-02-2011 05:17 PM

Beautiful! I like the colours together and the layout.
Janie

beautress 01-02-2011 05:19 PM

Good job, hperttula! Thanks for sharing the pics.

hperttula123 01-02-2011 05:58 PM

I tried doing some fmq on my home machine and I can't do it. They only way I can explain it is like trying to draw only moving the paper and not your pencil.
The different designs I do right now are just from watching other people quilt. I just change it a little to make it different. Feathering is just so beautiful and one day....I will be able to do it!!! Lol....I hope.

I've been trying to learn on my home sewing machine and it has such a small throat space. It can be frustrating. I bought the book Hooked on Feathers and it shows a fairly easy way to make feathers with a hook. With what you do already I think you'll have feathers down in no time. When you get your stencils & try it out...be sure to post a picture of it.

Originally Posted by hperttula123

fleurdelisquilts.com 01-02-2011 05:59 PM

Grandma looks kinda young in this pic. Seriously, he's just adorable. Now, can you get him off the quilt to give it away?