Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   AT LAST Japanese Fan Quilt ----- (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/last-japanese-fan-quilt-t56604.html)

Butterflyspain 08-02-2010 08:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks craftybear.

Here are photographs of the beautiful fabrics I have just received today and I am toying with the idea of doing something on the back of this quilt with them. Probably with the Hydraenga fabric to make one block wonders on top of the lovely Navy trellis fabric with a border of the pale blue.

the other fabric is just being looked at at the moment.

Elle :-D

Any other suggestions very welcome

Flower fabric for one block wonders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90324[/ATTACH]

Navy trellis fabric with the fabric I am keeping
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90325[/ATTACH]

All the fabrics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90326[/ATTACH]

hobo2000 08-02-2010 08:45 AM

Wow, you should enter that in your local quilt show. Its a winner!

wildyard 08-02-2010 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Thanks craftybear.

Here are photographs of the beautiful fabrics I have just received today and I am toying with the idea of doing something on the back of this quilt with them. Probably with the Hydraenga fabric to make one block wonders on top of the lovely Navy trellis fabric with a border of the pale blue.

the other fabric is just being looked at at the moment.

Elle :-D

OMG that is the most beautiful color palette!! How beautiful that is going to be. Can't wait for the photos... maybe you can post some as you go along? Hugs and smilesss....
Any other suggestions very welcome

Butterflyspain 08-02-2010 11:48 AM

Thanks wildyard(Linda), will do, still playing around at the moment.

maureenann 08-02-2010 11:59 AM

Absolutely 'wow'!

sandpat 08-02-2010 07:05 PM

Elle....you have the bestest taste in fabs!!! I love all of those. My fingers are itching to play with those big hydrangas as OBW's...!

Grandma Cindy 08-02-2010 07:58 PM

Beautiful, both times... Your hard work is showing tremendously, it is amazing...

Butterflyspain 08-02-2010 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Elle....you have the bestest taste in fabs!!! I love all of those. My fingers are itching to play with those big hydrangas as OBW's...!

Thanks for the compliment Patti
Have you ever been afraid of cutting a fabric, because I am totally freaked out at cutting into that Hydranga fabric as I have never made an OBW before. I know the basics of how its done, but heck will it look okay. I am having second thoughts and may end up cutting the plate fabric by fussy cutting it and using that instead. Decisions, decision.
I am going to have a look on the board to see if anyone has posted a tute on OBW´s

Elle

Butterflyspain 08-02-2010 10:25 PM

Thanks to everyone who has viewed the fabrics and commented.

Elle

k3n 08-02-2010 11:57 PM

Wow Elle that turned out OK didn't it??? :-D :-D :-D

Beautful, fantastic muy bella!!!

Re the OBW issue, I really think it's worth your while to get the book One Block Wonders, Maxine Rosenthal. The tute on here was more of a support group for ppl working from the book rather than actual instructions. :-D I got mine from The Book Depository, shipping is free and they're really quick.

BTW your plans for the back are so wonderful, I think they should be a whole new quilt on their own - or it could be one reversible one! :D :-D