Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   latest thing off the machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/latest-thing-off-machine-t21606.html)

k3n 06-30-2009 09:32 AM

Wow cutebuns I love them! How did I miss it? :shock:

Thanks for posting the link and guiding me here - how wide were your strips for the mini ones? This is going to be two different projects from the same fabric, right? I'm sure it's clear from your post but I've got kids hassling me for their bath, but I just has to look first! OK - will come back later and have a PROPER look and read your posts! But I've seen enough to know I LOVE it!!! And thanks for posting the fabric - good job no one asked to see mine - didn't take a pic! :oops: BUT I think there's one on the board here somewhere that Rhonda posted so that's OK - back up plan! OK kids getting ridiculous - going bathing - see ya later! :D

Feathers 06-30-2009 09:38 AM

Wow, how pretty. Love the gold thread in the fabric, makes it look like a snowflake in the sunshine. Really nice.

Quilt4u 06-30-2009 09:39 AM

Very nice.

amma 06-30-2009 09:44 AM

Wow!!! Your small one turned out great!!! LOVE IT!!! :D :D :D

Your larger one is sooo pretty too!!!! Can't wait to see it finished!!!! :D

I thought there would be more fabric left over too!! I see that this is a book I need to add to my collection, now!!!! 8) 8) 8)

gaigai 06-30-2009 09:54 AM

Those are beautiful! After seeing yours and k3n's I want to do one. And I just picked up the perfect fabric!

cutebuns 06-30-2009 10:09 AM

they are a lot of fun, and there is a lot of variations to what you can do.

I believe I cut the small ones 1 3/4 or 7/8 I am not sure which at this point, I might have to go a measure one, There is more fabic on the back than the front. But sure was fun. I need to find the dark green fabric yet. I have to head on to fabricland as the last walmart that I went to didn't have any plain dark green.

k3n 06-30-2009 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
they are a lot of fun, and there is a lot of variations to what you can do.

I believe I cut the small ones 1 3/4 or 7/8 I am not sure which at this point, I might have to go a measure one, There is more fabic on the back than the front. But sure was fun. I need to find the dark green fabric yet. I have to head on to fabricland as the last walmart that I went to didn't have any plain dark green.

Wow that is tiny! I thought I went small with a 2 1/2" strip! Gotta try smaller now... CHALLENGE! :mrgreen: I love it.

AND you mentioned earlier what I think is a fabulous idea, if I understood you correctly, of putting the tinies in the middle, then a border, then some of the bigger blocks, then more border - I wonder if you could put smaller ones then bigger ones with no border between How would that work? We need soemone good at maths to tell us what sizes of hexs would work like that - what do you think? :D If it wouldn't work, then you could do like you said, put an inner plain border to make it the right size then more hexs, starting with half ones so you had a straight edge OR appliqueing them on OR doing Y seams (yuck, hate those! but I see you did them with your dark blue!)

cutebuns 06-30-2009 11:04 AM

I did it that small as that is what size was left when I gut the bigger ones out. They were more fun than the bigger ones, I took pictures of the three pieces of fabric that I have to do more, just on the wrong computer, the other one is being updated so it will have to wait. I am just trying to get the wee ones quilt to come off the big table before trying anything more, plusI have a few other things one the go, I have two tops almost cut out, as well of these works as well as having to try and make sure the oldest is ready for camp.

genghis khan 06-30-2009 11:07 AM

looks awsome great job.

k3n 06-30-2009 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
I did it that small as that is what size was left when I gut the bigger ones out. They were more fun than the bigger ones, I took pictures of the three pieces of fabric that I have to do more, just on the wrong computer, the other one is being updated so it will have to wait. I am just trying to get the wee ones quilt to come off the big table before trying anything more, plusI have a few other things one the go, I have two tops almost cut out, as well of these works as well as having to try and make sure the oldest is ready for camp.

I have the problem of them falling off the design wall when I start fiddling about with them so I just stick a pin thru each one - I read that yours were falling off that's why you got them on the table - just an idea...I'm doing a blue floral one at the moment - same 2 & 1/2" strips but I'm not sure about the placement so waiting for DH to come home and have a look. Don't know about you, but after a while of staring at it, I don't SEE it anymore! Hopefully get it pieced in the next couple of days then will post. Have to quilt the Fall Fruits as well - thought I'd machine FMQ the middle and do some parallel lines round the outer border. How do you quilt yours?