Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Left over scraps .... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/left-over-scraps-t110468.html)

cctx. 03-24-2011 11:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I made this small quilt using left over pieces from HSQ's that had been collecting for weeks now and decided to do something with them. The sashing was used from an old sheet that I cut into strips (recycle -reuse theory) and it measures at 32"x32".

The quilting is Free motion quilting on the 301A and quilt technique used was the "Back to Front" technique because I liked the Sunflower print used for the backside of the quilt.
I know the photos are blurry, but it sucks when I have a cheap camera.....maybe for Mother's Day I'll get a nice camera this year (wishful thinking....LOL...) anyway, here goes with the pics.

owlvamp 03-24-2011 11:13 PM

Do you have a pattern for free motion . like do you mark it with a marker and just follow it with the machine? You did an awesome job. Yea keep wishful thinking and you just might get the camera! :) leave lots of hints.

cctx. 03-24-2011 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by owlvamp
Do you have a pattern for free motion . like do you mark it with a marker and just follow it with the machine? You did an awesome job. Yea keep wishful thinking and you just might get the camera! :) leave lots of hints.

It depends on how I will plan the finished quilt.
If it's free motion, I do the usual "squiggles" technique, but if I pick out a large print for my backside quilt, I fool around emphasizing the print backing....(for example a large flowery print and just playing around with that dimension) for a dramatic look.

I like to experiment (quite a bit too.....LOL) and for hand quilting (which used to be a "passion" at one time, but it's quicker with the machine) I used to mark my quilts with that hard little plastic thing that sells at Joann's (forgot what it's called) and that leaves no residue ink or unsightly markings.

BETTY62 03-25-2011 12:06 AM

Very nice.

owlvamp 03-25-2011 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by cctx.

Originally Posted by owlvamp

It depends on how I will plan the finished quilt.
If it's free motion, I do the usual "squiggles" technique, but if I pick out a large print for my backside quilt, I fool around emphasizing the print backing....(for example a large flowery print and just playing around with that dimension) for a dramatic look.
I like to experiment (quite a bit too.....LOL) and for hand quilting (which used to be a "passion" at one time, but it's quicker with the machine) I used to mark my quilts with that hard little plastic thing that sells at Joann's (forgot what it's called) and that leaves no residue ink or unsightly markings.

This helps a lot. I just love the quilts everyone does. And always wondered how they did it. I have learned so much on here just watching everyone post and showing there quilts. Plus by asking a few questions. Thank you

cctx. 03-25-2011 03:41 AM

You're welcome!

QuiltnNan 03-25-2011 04:19 AM

very good use of those hst's. good job. keeping my fingers crossed for you on the new camera.

luvTooQuilt 03-25-2011 04:31 AM

Nice job!! Looks great.

LAB55 03-25-2011 05:09 AM

Beautiful !! ;-)