Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Lets see your "first" quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/lets-see-your-%22first%22-quilt-t133876.html)

cminor 06-28-2011 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It seems there are so many advanced quilters - lets see some of those very first quilts. It is so fun to see how far we have come!

Pink & Purple squares. SID and no binding!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218241[/ATTACH]

MellieKQuilter 06-28-2011 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the part that was left over... my first quilt was given to a homeless shelter and I didnt take a pic. But, it looked like this, was backed with a sheet and the edges of the sheet turned over to make the binding, and it was tied not quilted. :) I sure hope that it found a home and was comforting to someone! :)

raedar63 06-28-2011 03:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This one is about 20 years old, I was gonna use it for lining and was taking the tied threads out of it. My 24 year old son threw a fit. He said that has been around every since I can remember ,can't you fix it? So I hand sewed it back together and am gonig to tie it back up.

cminor 06-28-2011 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
This one is about 20 years old, I was gonna use it for lining and was taking the tied threads out of it. My 24 year old son threw a fit. He said that has been around every since I can remember ,can't you fix it? So I hand sewed it back together and am gonig to tie it back up.

I would love to have something like that. Closest I have is the quilt that "started it all" given to us for our wedding from my husbands Grandmother.

They were not close and I only met her once. She has since passed away and she has no idea how big of an impact she had on my life. All with what she probably thought of as a simple quilt.

QuiltingKrazy 06-28-2011 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I consider my first "real" quilt. Took forever to pick up pieces of fabric here and there. Had no idea they were called fat quarters at that time! I machine pieced it but was bound and determined to hand quilt it! Took quite some time but I did enjoy working on it and felt very proud when I finally completed it. I "think" this was done about 1999/2000. Still hangs above our bed.

Sadheart 06-28-2011 04:15 PM

I do not have my first Quilt. It was a panel with a border and I finished it when I was very young. Used with my first son. He *Used* it for everything.
Sadly it didn't last. But his memories of it still live in his heart.
Smiles. They do have there favorites.
Remembering many Hugs, Tents and play acts. It was used for a cape and magic carpet. Sighs
Those were the days.

SparkMonkey 06-28-2011 05:15 PM

I didn't get any pictures of my first, because I didn't know it was going to become a hobby! But I gave it to my sis for Christmas last year and I'm assuming her dogs haven't destroyed it, so I'll see if I remember to snap a pic next time I go over there. :)

skippitydodahquilts 06-28-2011 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Made it in January, for my niece for her 13th Birthday -

BeckyL 06-28-2011 05:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am embarassed to show them, but here they are. I made 2 at the same time in the very first class I took. Both are log cabins.

dallen4350 06-28-2011 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm still a newbie. I have only finished two quilts.
This is my first one. I haven't come so far... yet.
Seeing all the beautiful quilts on the board keep me inspired.
Thanks everyone!

My first quilt - April 2011
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218295[/ATTACH]