Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Life isn't Fair - Our Trip to Joann's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/life-isnt-fair-our-trip-joanns-t8145.html)

Roben 06-15-2008 02:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We went to Joann's today - who could resist with 50% off coupons, rotary blades 50% off?? I tried so hard to be good - the tech called yesterday, and the new parts are in my D1, he'll finish the repairs when he gets back from convention, and the last estimate of repairs I had was creeping up on $400. So, I'm trying to show restraint :-) I only picked up a remnant and a pack of blades. Very good, I thought. Next time, I should leave DH at home!

He's collecting blue fabrics, thinking one of us is going to make the quilt on the cover of the book below. He just couldn't resist 6 more yards! The ladies at the cutting table were in hysterics - my hubby had more fabric than me! - again!

Shopping at the fabric store with him is always a riot - some ladies look at him sideways, he gets loads of free advice, and he inevitably makes them all smile. I'd better keep my E-Bay sources a secret... :roll:

The blues DH has collected so far for the quilt on the cover
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12510[/ATTACH]

My piddley little pile of goodies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12512[/ATTACH]

DH's new blues
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12513[/ATTACH]

johnette 06-15-2008 03:06 PM

Love hubbies blues. And the proposed quilt as well. I have been avoiding Joanns lately as my washing machine has bit the dust and the dryer acting up, so DH says just get a new set. That means no Joanns for a while. Not to mention the fact that Joanns is 40 miles away. I found a Hancocks 80 miles away, but I go that direction when I visit my daughter, so I'll probably be making a pit stop there quite often.

Chele 06-15-2008 03:33 PM

Well, at least you have a partner in crime! LOL!

adyldrop 06-15-2008 03:35 PM

Oh I love that quilt on the book cover! I wanna make that too!!! Or I can send you my addy and he can make it for me :roll: :roll: 8)

henryparrish76 06-15-2008 03:35 PM

I went shopping there today . I will have to post what I got when i come back home from dinner.

beachlady 06-15-2008 04:20 PM

Beautiful purchases. Sorry you did not buy more for yourself.

Moonpi 06-15-2008 04:25 PM

If he keeps buying large yardage, you can be the one raiding HIS stash. I love the snowflakes.

Cordelia 06-15-2008 05:02 PM

I love that GORGEOUS blue snowflake fabric! Methinks I must go there this week.

I have a 50% off coupon good for the whole week.

jbsstrawberry 06-15-2008 05:50 PM

Hubby does good Roben, I can only guess because you trained him well hehehe :lol:

rein 06-15-2008 06:55 PM

Roben - you have allowed a Monster to be created!!! LOL - How neat you should both have the same hobby. I think I agree with you though - keep the eBay sources secret (you do KMK fabrics?) OOPS should have put that in a PM.

Since I LOVE BLUE - he made some great choices - I recognize quite a number of materials I already have - but no blue snowflakes - will he share? Trade?