Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Life is a picnic! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/life-picnic-t1369.html)

Yvonne 07-05-2007 09:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is another itty-bitty wall hanging. Still practicing my applique.

The second project is a 'cheater' quilt. I don't think I'll do another. By using the whole cloth I missed out on the part of quilting I enjoy the most, piecing and got to do the stuff I enjoyed the least, borders, pinning a sandwich, and binding. Oh, well. I bought this because I fell in love with the fabric and I still really, really like it! The colors alone will keep you warm!!!

Country Quilter 07-05-2007 09:21 AM

Oh how cute!!! Your doing fine with your applique!!!

zyxquilts 07-05-2007 09:22 AM

Nice job Yvonne! Your applique looks good to me :D
It makes me smile!

sue

Yvonne 07-05-2007 09:24 AM

Thanks you two. I keep on trying because everyone here is so encouraging. I find that now I sometimes even enjoy doing this handwork stuff. :lol:

vicki reno 07-05-2007 10:01 AM

too cute. :-) Good job! They made me smile :!:

Catherine 07-05-2007 10:24 AM

I love bright colors..and your quilt is adorable. Good job. everyone seems to be finishing up or starting new quilts. I'm so tired of this one quilt i'm working on that i feel like screaming..got so many new projects swirling around in my head that I'm starting to dream about them!!! ha

kathy 07-05-2007 10:55 AM

Yvonne, the are both adorable.
Cathrine, that's why I have to have at least three quilts going usually in different stages because once you get tired of looking at one it's hard to be particular, you just want to hurry up and finish it.

Yvonne 07-05-2007 10:59 AM

Kathy,
Amen to that!

Plus if you have multiple projects going you can finish up mulitple projects all about the same time. It makes you look really productive. Don't tell anyone!!!

patricej 07-05-2007 11:06 AM

I simply cannot work on only one quilt at a time. I get so bored!

I usually have two or three going at once. that way, when i'm sick of looking at one i can switch to another. i rotate through my UFOs.

when i have two or three tops done i stop to sandwich and baste. then back to the piecing for a while. once the guilt sets in about not doing the quilting on the waiting projects, i stop to do that to all of them before going back to piecing.

since i very much dislike the binding phase, i usually have at pile waiting to be bound before i step aside from the fun parts to do those. when i'm finally in the right mood, i "strike while the iron is hot" and do them all.

Yvonne ... as always i love what you've done. i hope to have your skill some day. i need to either retire or find a stinkin' rich man who'll support me in the manner to which i'd like to become accustomed. then i could practice whatever i wanted, whenever i wanted for as long as i wanted. :P

ShellyQ 07-05-2007 02:46 PM

Ditto Patrice, work on one thing at a time? Never heard of such a thing :lol:

By the way where can I order one of those from (stinkin' rich man that is) :lol: Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to quilt when and what you want without worrying about having to waste time going to work to pay for it all. Ahhh such is the stuff dreams are made of.

Yvonne love your darling picnic quilt, really like the colours and zing in your whole cloth too. I too enjoy the cutting and piecing of a top more than the quilting of it. Hence the large stack of UFOs. :oops: I hear you can call them WIPs now, which sounds much more productive :) I wonder how long you can have a WIP before it becomes a UFO