Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Linda's Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/lindas-quilt-t121513.html)

wolph33 05-08-2011 05:55 AM

very pretty,it will keep her warm

Bobbielinks 05-08-2011 06:22 AM

What a beautiful quilt! And I am sure every stitch will bring love and hope to the one who receives it.

Polliwog 05-08-2011 10:09 AM

So colorful and cheerful. The striped flannel on the back really makes this a very special gift. Thank you for sharing it with us.

fred singer 05-08-2011 11:02 AM

wow that is a really nice quilt

Ziva 05-08-2011 11:21 AM

Prayers, never a problem. Love the quilt and I know she will also. Yes they do get cold. I have a friend who has battled cancer for years. Some of us from church get to take her to Chemo every month as she has to go every Thursday. She is such a trooper and such a tremendous blessing to all of us!

MaggieMeg 05-08-2011 12:22 PM

I love the colors! And prayers going out to your friend.

Grandma Cindy 05-08-2011 12:47 PM

Prayers have been sent and I know your friendship and this quilt will always remind her of the love you feel for her.

alpha39 05-08-2011 12:48 PM

How very thoughtful of you. I was given a prayer quilt when I went thru chemo and it was very comforting just thinking of the prayers that went into it as it was being made. I know she will take comfort & warmth in this one also. I will keep her in my prayers.
Alpha

Gerbie 05-08-2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Great-great granny
Just finished “Linda’s Quilt” – A sm. lap quilt to send a friend in treatment at the Tulsa Cancer Treatment Ctr. Someone told me they are always ‘cold’ during chemo treatments, so hope this might help & give her a little comfort. Just did a quick one from Waterways batik charm packs & backed it w/flannel - machine quilted w/a straight stitch (I usually hand quilt)
She is having a pretty rough time battling Pancreatic cancer – only in her late 50’s. Any prayers for her would be appreciated.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there, may your day be blessed & all your quilts filled w/love. :lol:

Happy Mother's Day to you too and to all the mothers and mother's to be on the board. That's a quilt that I am sure will be loved and enjoyed. How nice of you to do this for your friend.
I found out a couple of weeks ago about a classmate in my graduating class that had pancreatic cancer. We lost him last week. I hope the treatment works out great for your friend. I have hear a lot of good things about the center there in Okla.
Any cancer is a terrible thing, such a mean dreadful disease. I lost my Mother in 1990 to Cancer. I had to have a total thyroidectomy in 2009, and they found cancer in the left Thyroid. I return on the 18th of this month for my next six month checkup, so far, God has blessed me with no more signs of this horrible disease, so for now I am clean. I pray that your friend will soon be also. Prayer is a very powerful weapon against everything and I know prayer does work. Our God performs such great miracles , that we don't give Him credit for in today's world. Blessings to you and your friend.

buckeyed 05-08-2011 01:08 PM

Wonderfully comforting colors!!