Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Little Bag (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/little-bag-t285708.html)

Rosyhf 02-01-2017 05:00 PM

Little Bag

3 Attachment(s)
I got inspired when my girlfriend came over with some fabric samples. She said she is going to make some little bags. Now, mind you, she doesn't sew lol. I asked if she knew how and she said she will try. Long story short, I decided to show how to make the paper bag style real quilck. I used my sample fabric to show her, she promptly took that bag for herself hahahhaha.....

Since I was in the mood by then, I took a pack of charm and made this one, so easy to make...

Tartan 02-01-2017 06:00 PM

​Great bag!

lynnie 02-01-2017 06:21 PM

nice colors

Jingle 02-01-2017 06:51 PM

Very pretty bag.

RedGarnet222 02-01-2017 07:08 PM

You have friends like that too rosy? I have to laugh when they begin the ruse story. They know I am going offer to help, but, why do they try and make it sound as if they are the ones who will make them? Seems hilarious to me. I don't mind doing it, just don't try to fool me like that. Right? I hope she at least shared some of the nice samples with you.

By the way, nice bag!

BrendaK 02-01-2017 08:20 PM

Super bag. BrendaK

rryder 02-02-2017 03:13 AM

Nice bag! I love those fossil fern fabrics, and the fabric you chose for the lining and bottom was a great choice to go with them.

QuiltnNan 02-02-2017 03:38 AM

nicely done

deedum 02-02-2017 04:24 AM

Great job on that bag!

Rosyhf 02-02-2017 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 7755024)
You have friends like that too rosy? I have to laugh when they begin the ruse story. They know I am going offer to help, but, why do they try and make it sound as if they are the ones who will make them? Seems hilarious to me. I don't mind doing it, just don't try to fool me like that. Right? I hope she at least shared some of the nice samples with you.

By the way, nice bag!

lol, I don't pay her no mind lol. We have been friends like sisters for over 30 year. Our kids grew up together. I told her I was up to her tricks since yersterday, and we just laugh. She knows she can get by with me. I didn't want any of her samples as they were ugly hahahahah....I told her so too lol. I love color and hers were beige. She is up in Texas now, helping with the grandchildren and supposedly going to make the bags from the sample I showed her. I can't wait lol....

My dear friends know me well and they know I don't do anything that I don't want to do. That is the best relation you can have with a friend. Here is a another cute story. The same friend, called and asked me if she could borrow a needle and thread because she wanted to sew up two lace sleeves on a dress. Now I don't do alterations and sew seams or anything of the sort and they all know it.

She comes over and I give her a needle and thread (all the while scolding her that I couldn't believe a woman didn't have a needle and some thread to speak of). We sat on the couch, watching a movie, she sewed and I knitted. When she was done, she was so proud of her achievement and soooo happy that she did it. I fixed her up a little case with needles and several threads and a mouse pin cushion with pins and she was delighted. lol. I then told her to go get her sewing machine from her SIL who has had it for ages lol.