Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Little Sewing Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/little-sewing-room-t21911.html)

Ducky 06-26-2009 05:28 PM

So, instead of cleaning my house because we're having a houseful of people tomorrow, I was reorganizing and cleaning (said with tongue in cheek) my sewing room. I have to laugh at myself, as it looks pathetic compared to some of yours out there. Ah...well, at least I have a sewing room, right? I just put up my design cloth on the wall, and just used some very old batting, thanks to a suggestion here on the board. During the day I get very nice lighting from the windows -- sometimes gets way too hot.

amma 06-26-2009 06:00 PM

You have a room to be very proud of!!! I would gladly put up with the heat to have a view while I work :D :D :D

My philosophy: they better be coming to see and visit me...
not coming to do an inspection of my housekeeping abilities :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

kluedesigns 06-26-2009 06:54 PM

i made a deal with my girlfriends a long time ago.....

i won't put on the fake house and you don't have to either.

it's wonderful because we can just drop in and enjoy each other and not worry - sometimes it spotless and other times its lived in - and thats just how life is.

Ducky 06-26-2009 06:59 PM

You're both so right. I just wish I could keep things kept up all the time, but that's pretty much dreaming that impossible dream....

Sewjoyce said it so perfectly: If you're coming to see me, come anytime. If you're coming to see my house, make an appointment. (paraphrased). :lol:

tlrnhi 06-26-2009 07:01 PM

That's how I feel. I visit people to see them, not their house. My house is lived in. There's clutter here and there, dust is compacted on pretty much everything. I hate dusting! I think I do it about once every other month or when the urge hits me. lol

RedGarnet222 06-27-2009 08:05 AM

Hi Ducky,
I am very happy for you that you were able to find a spot just for you. I think it is important to have that little space that you can create in. It is re-newing to just sit and sew there.

My hubby gets his in the family room, garage, half of the quilting table room and of course in the garden during the good months. His life is pretty hectic during the week, and he tells me all the time how he loves these spaces.

I am allergic to dust, I sneeze and sneeze around it and my eyes swell up. So, I learned early to just keep it up it is nothing much to do with a dusting wand. My favorite one is made of soft wool and is very fat. I clean and lightly oil my furniture a couple times a year. Spring and fall. The wood needs a good drink to keep it beautiful. I love the smell of the lemon oil in the house. And the smell of clean sheets to sleep in is heavenly ... add a vase of fresh cut roses, what could be more wonderful than that? I do it for me, not my company. :wink:

Ducky 06-27-2009 08:29 AM

Thanks, Red. Yes, I do love my little hideaway. Gets a little crowded, but that's okay.

I'm sure the inside of your home is as lovely as the outside, and I'm sure you work hard to keep it that way. I agree with the love of the smell of lemon on the furniture.

sewmom 06-29-2009 05:48 PM

I was told that dust is a protective covering and that you shouldn't remove it too often. But with 3 longhaired cats and wood floors, there is always protective covering in my house! LOL not only that but funny puffs of fur or dust or something in the corners!

Ducky 06-29-2009 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewmom
I was told that dust is a protective covering and that you shouldn't remove it too often. But with 3 longhaired cats and wood floors, there is always protective covering in my house! LOL not only that but funny puffs of fur or dust or something in the corners!

LOL, Sewmom. I have one yellow lab and two cats. I have tumbling tumbleweeds of fur that travel across my hardwood floors. Protective, huh? LOL

amandasgramma 06-29-2009 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i made a deal with my girlfriends a long time ago.....

i won't put on the fake house and you don't have to either.

it's wonderful because we can just drop in and enjoy each other and not worry - sometimes it spotless and other times its lived in - and thats just how life is.

Glad you put it that way -- tomorrow I'm calling a neighbor and inviting her over. If she doesn't like it, then so be it!!!! BTW - because of my remodel of my sewing room...it's the CLEANEST room in my house!!! Won't be that way long! LOL