Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A little teaser for Loving Izabella, what is on my rack right now (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/little-teaser-loving-izabella-what-my-rack-right-now-t196116.html)

feline fanatic 07-29-2012 10:29 AM

A little teaser for Loving Izabella, what is on my rack right now

7 Attachment(s)
Loving Izabella (April) asked me to quilt her Row Robin quilt for her daughter Izabella. April and I had a lot of collaboration on this. I love it when the owner of the top has a lot of input in the quilting design, then I am not second guessing , "will they like it?" Well, to be perfectly honest, that little nagging question is always there, even with as much discussion as April and I had on this.
Anyway... this is the CUTEST quilt for a little girl. It is so much fun seeing the work and talents of so many different quilters come together and create such a fun, whimsical quilt for Izabella. This quilt has everything, piecing, needle turn applique, fusible applique (with some AMAZING hand done blanket stitching in some blocks) hand AND machine embroidery.
I asked April if she wanted a little sneak peek and she said yes. So this is the middle row of blocks, which happened to be some of my favorites in the quilt. April peiced Izabella's name and asked for pebbling to make the letters pop. We also did a double batting, cotton on bottom and Hobbs Polydown on top. I am getting awesome "poof" factor with this combination. I simply could not resist doing what I did on the Australia block. Can you see them and tell what they are??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352195[/ATTACH]
Here is a close up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352196[/ATTACH]
This picture came in out of focus but I wanted to share anyway. I love how this block turned out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352197[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352198[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352199[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352200[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352201[/ATTACH]

CajunQuilter2 07-29-2012 10:34 AM

Oh my I am speechless.....what an incredibly beautiful quilt. Can't wait to see all of it. You will post it all at some point right? Your quilting of this is just beyond words beautiful......

chips88 07-29-2012 10:36 AM

i am speachless. that is the most amazing quilt. did i say WOW! I KEEP GOING BACK AND LOOKING AT IT. that is fabulous..:thumbup:

buddy'smom 07-29-2012 10:47 AM

Just awesome, your work is amazing. I'm her Grammie and this is gonna blow her away.

LovingIzabella 07-29-2012 10:57 AM

Oh my goodness!! There are not enough words to express my gratitude for your absolutely beautiful absolutely amazing quilting of this very special quilt. You have absolutely done this quilt justice and i love the kangaroos! I cannot wait to see it completed. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know she is going to love this.
Hugs
April

Tartan 07-29-2012 10:58 AM

Gorgeous! That is going to be a show stopper! I see Kangaroos in the tree block. I love the mix of techniques in the top too and sew well done!

AUQuilter 07-29-2012 11:24 AM

What beautiful quilting and the kangaroos are just over the top! Can't wait to see it all.

Peggy Jeanne 07-29-2012 11:28 AM

It is as cute as Izabella! Both are beautiful!

DebraK 07-29-2012 11:42 AM

Your quilting is wonderful! I love those little kangaroos.

Nanaquilts44 07-29-2012 01:37 PM

This quilt is outstanding. I love the Roos hopping around. Izabella will love it!