Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Lone Star in progress part 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/lone-star-progress-part-2-a-t57862.html)

reach for the stars 2 08-05-2010 05:43 AM

It looks wonderful

Bobbinchick 08-05-2010 06:22 AM

Even tho there are a few flaws in it, I am very proud of it. I tried one a loooonnngggg time ago and had a really pretty star all laid out in diffrent shades of greens and it turned out so ugly that I tossed it. I think this one turned out pretty good so now I'm going to add the boarders and I want to make a cornerstone type of block with a mini lone star on it. I can probably make a little star, maybe with three colors and applique' them on a little block for the corners of the boarders and maybe one in the middle of the side boarders and maybe have tree at the head of the quilt to go over the pillow. I've seen some beautiful ones like that so it will be a little bit of planning on that part. Every one thanks for the nice compliments and enjoy your day, Huggies, Fay

Bobbinchick 08-05-2010 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by DRogers870
Bobbinchick - I made one of these several years ago during a class. We used the iron on stabalizer with the grid markings on it and used rectangle fabrics - it was soo much fun and alot easier to work with rectangles instead of diamonds. But one of the tricks they taught us to get the center to lay flat is that once you have it pieced into the 4 sections (each with two diamonds) you have to "square" the 4 points that are going to meet in the center - then when you have two halves, make sure your edges that will meet at the center are perfectly straught. My center turned out perfect, not a bulge in sight.

That's the very same type of way I made this one, but tho the center didn't lay flat, I'm hopeful I can fix that. I forgot about the squaring up on that so I think that's my problem. I'll press it now and see if I can fix that center star. I've always have trouble with this kind of a center, but I'm very proud of it just the same as since it's going on my bed,, well I have my doubts that any quilt police will be around.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

Bobbinchick 08-05-2010 07:28 AM

Hey!!! I got out the big ironing board and gave the quilt top a ice pressing and the center star did press flat so I'm happy now. Well I'm going to go ahead and go get groceries and then get atsrted on the final boarders. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

Ditter43 08-05-2010 07:55 AM

It is coming along so well!! You are doing a great job on it!! :thumbup:

kristen0112 08-05-2010 08:01 AM

I love it can't wait to see it when you're all done!

Jim's Gem 08-05-2010 03:54 PM

Very pretty!

Friendly Quilter 08-05-2010 04:58 PM

Grat job! can't wait to see it quilted.

Diane007 11-10-2013 08:23 PM

love your plaid fabric

Katiedid2 11-10-2013 08:38 PM

love your quilt.... takes a lot of work huh? your color choice is real pretty too. I love E Burns pattern for this quilt... I have made 3 ..1 for each child.