Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Look what I came home to find! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/look-what-i-came-home-find-t57539.html)

mollymct 08-02-2010 04:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A short time ago I requested to purchase a few things to get me started handquilting. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not and it was not in the budget to invest heavily.

I immediately received offers to supply me with what I need to start for nothing at all. I was so touched and still am, feeling a little teary as type. What a special group this is!

Since then I have been working away on my first (any kind of) quilt, but have been getting steadily more excited about trying handquilting. Maybe obsessed is a better description than excited!

So, today I had quite a long workday (after my weekend on call) and arrived home tired, dragging and a leeetle crabby.
Until I opened my screen door and a package fell out! I love packages!!!

Here is what was inside.

I don't yet if the sender would be okay with being named, but she will know who she is!! Thank you so much!! You made my day. PMing you.

tolepainter54 08-02-2010 05:06 PM

What a wonderful surprise.

nlgh 08-02-2010 05:08 PM

What a wonderful pick-me-up!!! I'm so glad for you and you will love this board. So helpful, educational, and fun.

SharonAnne 08-02-2010 05:09 PM

How sweet and thoughtful. I know what you mean about budget, as I was laid off July, 2009. To stay busy I am learning how to quilt and have joined a quilt club. One of the wonderful ladies in the club gave me enough batting to do 2 baby quilts. Today I finished the first one as a gift for a friend whose daughter is having a girl around Aug 10th. Just in time, huh? lol. I am also going to (if I can figure out how) to make a special block for a lady on this board whose home was burned a few weeks ago and who requested people send blocks - it will be an interested quilt when completed, I'm sure. I like to pass along favors - that's what life is all about. Love giving things away and making someone happy. Glad you received what you needed to get started with your new obsession. Looking forward to pictures from you in the future.

franie 08-02-2010 05:10 PM

Lucky you. Most quilters are very generous giving people.

trueimage 08-02-2010 05:13 PM

Praise God! What a special group we have and what a special blessing for you!

mollymct 08-02-2010 05:14 PM

Aren't I a lucky girl? I am just all smiles. Also, I posted elsewhere about losing my trusty seam ripper so I was THRILLED to find one in the package! Lol.

SharonAnne-I'm thinking that learning to handquilt will make for a nice, long and satisfying project that isn't as pricy! I'm sure it will take me a LONG time to handquilt a quilt...one I am ready to try! I'm making a block for the same person, I think! I was just picking out some fabrics. I can't wait to see the finished product. Love a chance to be part of this board/community.

candlequilter 08-02-2010 05:15 PM

Awesome! What a sweet quilter out there.

hobo2000 08-02-2010 05:20 PM

The only problem with this board is it should be audio, then I could piece and speak messages at the same time. Now I have to allow so much to the board and so much time for quilting. LOL What a problem...tooooo much fun

Jim's Gem 08-02-2010 05:21 PM

That a wonderful surprise!!!