Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   looking for applique, where to buy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/looking-applique-where-buy-t102395.html)

luvstitches 02-23-2011 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw this picture posted of a quilt from a quilt show.
I am looking for the black applique that is on the bottom of this quilt, or something similar. (horses) Does anyone know where I can purchase these appliques?
Thanks,
Nancy

KittyGram 02-23-2011 12:08 PM

You know what I do? I google EVERYTHING. Try googling "cowboy silhouette" (not sure I spelled silhouette correctly!!!), and "cowboy horse silhouette", etc. You'll be amazed at what you can find for free online!!!

Oh, and google "coloring pages", too - "cowboy coloring pages" etc.

luvstitches 02-23-2011 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by KittyGram
You know what I do? I google EVERYTHING. Try googling "cowboy silhouette" (not sure I spelled silhouette correctly!!!), and "cowboy horse silhouette", etc. You'll be amazed at what you can find for free online!!!

I did use google however I didn't use the word silhouette.
Thanks so much for your help.

KittyGram 02-23-2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by luvstitches

I did use google however I didn't use the word silhouette.
Thanks so much for your help.

You may also find free clipart.

Patched 02-23-2011 12:44 PM

luvsititches, the website is willowbendcreations.com. Hope this is what you are looking for. They have lots of neat designs.

dakotamaid 02-23-2011 12:54 PM

Ditto, when people ask me for help I google also. It is amazing what you can find on the web.

Edit: try using the word images after it. As long as you can find the picture you want you can print it out and use the outline.

pollyjvan9 02-23-2011 01:00 PM

That is a border fabric. I don't remember seeing it on the light background like that. It may have been cut out and appliqued to the light fabric. I wish I knew the name of the fabric line, it may be a line by Laura Heine for RJR Fabrics.

KittyGram 02-23-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Patched
luvsititches, the website is willowbendcreations.com. Hope this is what you are looking for. They have lots of neat designs.

I didn't see that particular scene on the website, but you're right, they have lots of neat designs!!! I may order one of those - I've been looking for something with northwoods wildlife, to make for my sister, and I think the deer (or even the bear) just might be it!