Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mad Money Wallet .... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mad-money-wallet-t197180.html)

RedGarnet222 08-09-2012 05:11 PM

Mad Money Wallet ....

3 Attachment(s)
I needed a short break and a small project to occupy a couple hours, so I went looking through my scraps and patterns and found this little necklace wallet to do.

It wasn't my favorite instructions to follow, but, I made it through. The longest amount of time was the prep work cutting and ironing the parts to put together this little cutie. It is just a wallet you wear around your neck to those quilt shows or the swap meet when you don't want the burden of a bag to drag around. I had fun with it and I think my long arm quilter will get a kick out of it when I pick up my quilt from her. I always spoil her a little, I'm no dummy! LOL....

The first picture showing the front and the cool button I used, has the envelope of the pattern in the background. I really felt the front needed a little something, something extra if you are gonna wear it to a quilt show. Joann's has the most wonderful buttons. I could spend hours looking around at them. LOL...

Anyway the next pic is the inside. I put a piece of folded up paper in the dollar bill section, there is two rows of credit card and driver's license section. I only wish I had thought to put a little pocket on the outside of the back for the raffle tickets. But, oh well, it is done with it's rat tail cording necklace string. The owl is holding down the security flap. I chose not to put the coin section on in there. I didn't like the way it looked on the picture of the finished wallet. See what I mean below?

I hope you like it. I had so much creative fun making it.

jeank 08-09-2012 05:17 PM

I have made one quite simular to the last photo. I make it from an off white or tan colored fabric. That way is will not show thru your clothes and is soft next to the skin under your clothes. Carry your passport or extra cash safe when traveling.

the ones that you purchase in the travel dept are leather or plastic and do not feel nice on the skin.

bearisgray 08-09-2012 05:17 PM

That is clever!

RedGarnet222 08-09-2012 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 5429882)
That is clever!

Which part?? Buttering up my LA quilter, or the wallet. LOL! Just kiddin' ya.

Tartan 08-09-2012 06:05 PM

Very nice and it looks really handy.:thumbup:

kensington 08-09-2012 06:28 PM

That could be converted to a "Needlecase" really well. I like it

jojosnana 08-09-2012 06:34 PM

Really clever. Bribing your l a q ........

Diane007 08-09-2012 07:13 PM

What a cute name

ScrapQuilter 08-09-2012 08:24 PM

what a cute little purse to have for traveling............ good place to keep credit cards - passport etc.

RedGarnet222 08-09-2012 09:42 PM

Thanks everyone. It was pretty dang easy if you don't follow all of the instuctions like they say to make it.

I always give my LAQ a little handmade gift each time I pick up my quilts. She is a terrific person, and I really like her a lot. Kind of a kindred spirit, you could say.