Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Madame Butterfly Quilt for Kennedy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/madame-butterfly-quilt-kennedy-t82697.html)

T-Bones mom 12-13-2010 11:17 PM

I had to make 7 of those for Christmas presents. So far I have made a turtle, a fish, ladybug, and two cats. I have the two butterflies left to go. Yours is lovely.

kwiltkrazy 12-14-2010 01:06 AM

It is absolutely adorable, as were the others. Your grandbabies will be so thrilled.

Chele 12-14-2010 04:34 AM

It's so cute. Great colors! Go rest your hands from all that cutting!

978gray 12-14-2010 05:01 AM

Gwyn, Your quilts are so unique. I love them and I'm sure the butterfly and I'm sure your granddaughte will too!

PS Loved the Owl and turtle too!!

Farmer Girl 12-14-2010 05:34 AM

That's just too cute. Love the colors.

clem55 12-14-2010 05:43 AM

Adorable!! How in the world did you manage to get the size you wanted? That must have been some designing!!

carhop 12-14-2010 07:17 AM

love the colors is purple her favorite color

Gwyn 12-14-2010 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Adorable!! How in the world did you manage to get the size you wanted? That must have been some designing!!

I would love to claim this design but I didn't. It is a pattern from Simplicity. There are 9 quilts in 3 different patterns. The turtle, caterpillar, and dinosaur on one. The butterfly, owl and a flower on another. The cat, dog and teddy bear are on the third. These are out of print, but you can find them on ebay. That is where I got mine. I was surprised by the size when I started, but I'm okay with it now. Any smaller and they would just be wall hangings. This size they can be used for a very long time.

If you decide to make these quilts I suggest you use flannel for the batting. It makes the quilting lots easier and the cutting is easier. If you use batting, use a really thin one. They are quite heavy just with the flannel. For the next one, I am only going to use the top fabric and the flannel backing. If they aren't stiff enough, I'll add the inner layer of flannel after just a few pieces.

Gwyn 12-14-2010 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by carhop
love the colors is purple her favorite color

I don't know. She is into dresses the flutter out when she spins. Her mom can't get her to wear pants except leggings and dresses. This little one is a grandmother's dream. She uses 2-3 dresses a day (she is only 2). I'm making a new 1-2 every month. She also loves dolls. Doesn't have a true favorite just yet. My mother and I are giving her an American Girl doll for her 5th birthday. Mom bought it this past fall and I will be making clothes for her. I'm going to make matching dresses for them for the 5th birthday too.

luvnquilt 12-14-2010 10:15 AM

This quilt was so cute I just logged onto ebay and bought a patterns to make one for my daughter :) Thanks for the idea.