Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Made Decision on First Project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/made-decision-first-project-t150097.html)

geeblay627e120 09-03-2011 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
First, let me say that I introduced myself last week and was overwhelmed by the "welcomes." I've never been part of such a friendly, helpful internet group. So thank you. I received lots of helpful suggestions, mostly "Start Small." Well, I did take that seriously and gave it lots of thought; but I'm both optimistic and stubborn. So I am going to try a quilt for my bed. If I get tired of working on it or get discouraged, I'll just stop and find a smaller project for a while and put this one on hold.
Here is a picture of my fabric. The pattern I have chosen is the one I was looking for last weekend. Green with the squares positioned on point. Here is a picture of my fabric. That was hard! I had my cart full of fabric trying to find the perfect selections. I hope it doesn't end up blah. I've seen such gorgeous colors on this board. But I like light colors and pastels. So I'll give this a try. Wish me luck. I'm going to start cutting tonight.

Jim's Gem 09-03-2011 10:31 AM

Beautiful fabrics!!! Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!!!

janell2009 09-03-2011 10:36 AM

Believe me it will set you free... no mistake is a mistake it is learning... that is how we learn the best... because if you have to do it over or fix it yourself you will never forget it.. lol I love to learn even with all my mistakes..

BrendaK 09-03-2011 10:41 AM

Good Luck. I know that you will have fun. Remember that we are here and provide help if you need it. (Maybe not me as I often need help) but there are a lot of wonderful men and women on this board. Colors are great. Can't wait to see what you did. BrendaK

dublb 09-03-2011 12:14 PM

Lovely colors! I'm glad your are going to do it your way. You are the person who has to be happy with it. I have just discovered pot holders as a 'break' in my quilting! Have fun!

watterstide 09-03-2011 12:20 PM

You go girl! did we tell you to cut out one block and sew it,first, to make sure it is right?
i did that when i first started...
i also make a copy of the pattern and highlight each section as i finish cutting it...lol i still do that!

karenm36 09-03-2011 12:20 PM

Those are lovely fabrics! Wonderful colors!!! Good luck! As a newbie myself, there's one thing that helps me make accurate cuts (besides the right tools, etc) and that's to remember to have good lighting in the room. I have several lights in my sewing room that I rearrange...esp. at night...to get the lighting that I want to make sure I'm seeing things just right. Looking forward to seeing your quilt!

birdgirl 09-03-2011 12:20 PM

I think you did a great job of coordinating the colors. For me that's the hard part, I like quirky combos.

M.I.Late 09-03-2011 12:43 PM

I'm with you - love the pastels. Stick with this board and they'll get you through to the end on this bed size first quilt. You have the guts - See you at the finish line. :)

tealfalcon 09-03-2011 12:48 PM

Wow beautiful fabrics....looking forward to seeing what you make