Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Made a Quick Little Trip Through the Scrap Heap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/made-quick-little-trip-through-scrap-heap-t175369.html)

BuzzinBumble 01-12-2012 09:30 AM

Made a Quick Little Trip Through the Scrap Heap

4 Attachment(s)
This thread has nothing to do with composting... LOL. :)

After I made the Sailboat quilt from baby clothes, which I posted last weekend, there were lots of lovely polka dotted flannel scraps left over. As I was putting them away, they tempted me into making a quickie quilt.

Eleanor Burns has a great book called Quick Trips and I always wanted try her technique of sewing the strips into loops and ironing the seam allowances in alternating directions to lock them. So I adapted her directions for use with squares (she used rectangles in the book).

Here is my scrappy flannel little Trip Around the World Quilt. It’s a little wonky after washing, but very soft and cuddly because I backed it with minky. It’s quilted with SID in a concentric zigzag pattern around the center, every 3rd ring. It is made with 775 one inch squares. I learned a lot on this little quilt. (Mostly from my mistakes)

paulettepoe 01-12-2012 09:37 AM

Are you kidding me? How do you people do this? I saw the sweet sailboat quilt, and now you have done this one in a flash. I am slow is all I know. I am sitting here today waiting to hear what kind of twins my niece is having so I can get their quilts done by the time they are born in June. All I can think of....is you must have a quilting fairy.
this is a gorgeous little quilt, I love it.

Jingle 01-12-2012 11:04 AM

Very pretty.

QuiltnNan 01-12-2012 11:13 AM

it's just wonderful!!!! :thumbup:

Mad Mimm 01-12-2012 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by paulettepoe (Post 4867846)
Are you kidding me? How do you people do this? I saw the sweet sailboat quilt, and now you have done this one in a flash. I am slow is all I know. I am sitting here today waiting to hear what kind of twins my niece is having so I can get their quilts done by the time they are born in June. All I can think of....is you must have a quilting fairy.
this is a gorgeous little quilt, I love it.

I know, right? I take forever to finish a quilt too so these posts of quick little quilts just floor me.

This is a lovely little quilt - I want to snuggle right into it and stay a good long while! Great way to use up scraps and you got to test out a new technique to boot - win/win there! Is there a little one designated to receive your adorable quilt? Whoever they are, they are lucky!

JJean 01-12-2012 11:19 AM

Awesome quilt! You are amazing!

quiltinggirl 01-12-2012 11:25 AM

What an amazing quilt you created!! Absolutely beautiful!! :)

MaryMo 01-12-2012 11:29 AM

Some little one is going to love this! Awesome quilt ... and quilter!

newborn 01-12-2012 11:35 AM

So pretty & sweet.

QUILTNMO 01-12-2012 11:37 AM

wow you did a nice job in such a short time im slow!!