Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   made this tote bag (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/made-tote-bag-t158997.html)

QuiltE 10-08-2011 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Oh fun ... is it reversable from front to back?
or turn it inside out to find the hidden treasures?

Great idea!

one side is checker board & other side is red floral.

Looks like a fun thing to have ... how large are your checker board squares?

PaperPrincess 10-08-2011 06:20 PM

Love the bag, but I would have to call it "Hold this, dear" as my husband gives me things to carry in my bag, such as broken screw drivers (in case we go to Sears) bolts (in case we go to the hardware store so he can match them up), a 30' tape measure (in case we are somewhere where he wants to measure something) and, well, you get the picture. My bag weighs 50 pounds!

abdconsultant 10-09-2011 06:16 AM

Great idea!

1" squares so the board is 8" x 8", I usually pick up fat qtrs in different size checkerboard sizes to make the boards out of, I'm using them on mug rugs, and I have a larger size I'm using on a game quilt

QuiltE 10-09-2011 07:33 AM

Great idea!

1" squares so the board is 8" x 8", I usually pick up fat qtrs in different size checkerboard sizes to make the boards out of, I'm using them on mug rugs, and I have a larger size I'm using on a game quilt

And here I thought you were doing patchwork ... like the mug rug idea! that'd be fun! :)

QuiltE 10-09-2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
Love the bag, but I would have to call it "Hold this, dear" as my husband gives me things to carry in my bag, such as broken screw drivers (in case we go to Sears) bolts (in case we go to the hardware store so he can match them up), a 30' tape measure (in case we are somewhere where he wants to measure something) and, well, you get the picture. My bag weighs 50 pounds!

Fix him ... and tell him if he wants it to come along, then he carries it! :)

Here's the backgrounder on that ..... When we used to go to farm/trade shows, my husband would pick up all sorts of literature, and pass to me to carry. I got tired of being the pack mule, when none of it was stuff I was bringing home. Finally, I decided, hey, why take my purse? So without a purse, I had no where to put it. There were bags handed out to put stuff in (which I refused to carry) so it was all up to him!Interesting, how little there was that came home from then on!!