Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Man did I hit it big , But also sad about it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/man-did-i-hit-big-but-also-sad-about-t269737.html)

debbieoh 09-07-2015 04:41 PM

Man did I hit it big , But also sad about it.

10 Attachment(s)
Our neighbor showed up at my door with 2 garbage bags of quilt tops. Her mom and grandmother made them all. All are even HAND STITCHED. No one wanted them and if I didn't they were giving them to Goodwill.
Needless to say I took them . Not sure what I'll be doing with them I no way could even afford to buy the batting to finish them all let alone have the quilted and buy backing for them. they are at least queen size to King. Just look at the beautiful tops , to think no one thought to keep them as memories is so darn sad.

debbieoh 09-07-2015 04:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Heres the last ones

debbieoh 09-07-2015 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
last one in the bunch.

Chasing Hawk 09-07-2015 04:50 PM

Wow!! it is so sad that these weren't treasured by the family. At least with you they will be loved.

I would have loved to just had quilts 1 and 11 dropped on my doorstep. My husband loves those small squared scrappy quilts.

carslo 09-07-2015 04:51 PM

If you want I can finish one for you and send it back to you. Then you can donate it to a charity or pass along to a member of your family. I only FMQ but would be happy to help you out. PM me if interested.

Mariposa 09-07-2015 05:00 PM

Wow! Such lovely tops! Is so very sad that no one wanted them. Glad she thought to bring them to you. :)

Belfrybat 09-07-2015 05:04 PM

What a wonderful gift. I think the 5th down is my favourite (Trip around the World?). Do you have a guild nearby that would finish them for charity. Maybe keep one or two for yourself? They are too lovely not to be finished and used.

Jeanne S 09-07-2015 05:35 PM

They are all really nice! I had the same thought of checking with a guild for help finishing some. My other thought is that my small hometown has an activity center for active seniors to socialize and there is a quilting group of ladies that all work together to hand quilt a couple of quilts every year that they auction off to raise funds for their activities fund. If you could find a group like that they might be ticked to work on one or two of them.

Sandygirl 09-07-2015 05:37 PM

Wonderful! I esp love the green one.
sandy

debbieoh 09-07-2015 05:38 PM

I Forgot to mention the first 3 are finished quilts.
The first 1st one I'm being selfish and keeping for myself Also the 5th top "trip around the world" I so want. The local quilt shop sent me a 10% off coupon for my sept 11th birthday so I'm going to have the Trip around the world one quilted for me!! MY SS check comes the 17th so It going to be gift to myself with my dear hubby's best wishes. I'm so excited.
95% of the quilts I make I make for the local hospital, and for the hospice I volunteer . Of course I quilt myself but just quilt in the ditch only way I know how to do. The baby quilts I sometime tie. The other 5% is for family and friends.
Would love to have one of these quilted to donate to my grand daughter's school to raffle off. That would help with her fee to attend the school (Its a Catholic School) . They get credit with things they sell and help with.
My charity quilts are either baby size or lap size to twin. These are way to big for the places I donate to. So may try and sell some. That would help buy batting to finish some of the tops I have done already. LOL!! just have to think about it.