Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   For Me!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/me-t24885.html)

tlrnhi 08-31-2009 10:48 PM

For Me!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I was making a mini for the swap and it was all going VERY well.
Well? Once I started looking at it more, it seemed it would be nicer on a table, soooooo.......I am keeping this and making a different mini quilt.
I am finally keeping something for me! :) :) :)

SulaBug 08-31-2009 10:59 PM

Terri,
It's absolutely gorgeous!! :D
I can see why you are keeping
it for yourself. Once & awhile we
just need to do that!!
:D :D :D :D :D

ljsunflower 08-31-2009 11:21 PM

That is so pretty! And, yes, you should keep it for yourself. Why not, woman? Very lovely, thanks for sharing.

tlrnhi 08-31-2009 11:27 PM

Thanks!
I just couldn't wrap my brain around it being a doll quilt. Plus the fact that I just absolutely fell in love with it.

quilter1962 09-01-2009 12:15 AM

LOL Terri

By all means go ahead & keep this beauty for yourself, the colours are so scrummy I could eat it!
It's going to look perfect sitting on your table :wink:

Tisha

k3n 09-01-2009 12:25 AM

Terri - I love it! The more I look at it the more complex the pattern becomes with those little triangular corners on the outer squares and the inner border and oh well I don't know how to really explain it - it's kind of deceptively simple or deceptively complex - one of those! Anyway, I love it! :D

tlrnhi 09-01-2009 12:53 AM

Thanks!!!

It was more or less a design I made up.
The center square is 6 1/2 inches.
Around the square are flying geese that are done the Ricky Timms method. I had actually had an idea of doing a flying geese mini, but couldn't get it to look right to me.
So, I cut squares for the corners, sewed them to the flying geese, then to the center square. I liked how it looks like the center is just laying in there.
Then I figured it needed a border, so cut 1 1/2 and put that on. Then I thought that it needed something else. Had no clue, so made more flying geese, they didn't look right. Did some regular triangles, didn't look right. Then I remembered I bought a book that had borders in it and found the border that you see with the little triangles. It's really easy to do. I screwed up on the cutting (it was about 5am at the time.)
The squares are to be 3 inches with the smaller ones 2 1/2. Sew the smaller ones opposite each other, then cut off excess. and you have your new square. Then sew them together and there you go!
Got that on and said..ok, it needs something else, so decided that I would use the striped fabric on the outside.
So, there you have it.
And no...I cannot do a tute on it because I'm really NOT sure of the sizes that I cut. All sizes are approximate. I didn't finish it until around 6:30am. Yes, I was up all night making it. Had tv on and just didn't realize the time. Guess I need a clock in my room, huh?

Quilt4u 09-01-2009 01:20 AM

Very nice. Will remiand you of fall in New England. We all need to keep some thing we make.

k3n 09-01-2009 01:21 AM

I think 'make it up as you go along' designs are often the best! I have to try those RickyTimms FGs too! :D

kluedesigns 09-01-2009 01:35 AM

it looks great