Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Messed up but not going to change it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/messed-up-but-not-going-change-t217687.html)

pittsburgpam 03-29-2013 08:34 AM

Messed up but not going to change it

2 Attachment(s)
It's a design decision. :P

I somehow put two of the orange ones near each other. In the grand scheme of the whole quilt, it's not worth my time to re-do it. I'm at home today with bad stomach cramps off and on. Will be fine for awhile and then a wave of pain (and other things). There are many things I need to do but I'm just taking it easy.

My son is getting married next Saturday and I got my dress this week. It's a bit too long so I need to hem it about 3". I got a small balero type jacket but it wasn't what I really wanted. I want a black lace one so I need to go shopping again. I meant to get a hair clip of some type that will go with the royal blue dress and I totally forgot when I got the dress. Not sure what my hair style will be. They have a guy who has done hair and makeup for Fashion Week in NY doing our hair on Saturday. I think I just want it straightened (normally a little wavy) and the front pulled back. It's long enough that I keep sitting on it while sewing this morning, I usually wear it up.

Anyway... on to the next section!

JJean 03-29-2013 08:40 AM

That block of the quilt is such a tease---- it's got to be a stunning quilt. The dress is gorgeous too!

Phyllis42 03-29-2013 09:23 AM

I wouldn't worry about the two oranges close together. Going to be beautiful. Hope tummy settles soon ... nerves?

nativetexan 03-29-2013 10:13 AM

wear taller heels!!! lovely block so far, keep going. and "we" never make mistakes. Enjoy the wedding day!

WTxRed 03-29-2013 10:25 AM

LOVE that block - what's the pattern please? Can't wait to see more of the design!
Love your dress too! and congrats on the new DIL.

pittsburgpam 03-29-2013 10:29 AM

I can't wear 3" heels! :) maybe just hem it 2".

The pattern is the Judy Niemeyer Prairie Star. That's one of the 16 sections that go around the outside edge.

barny 03-29-2013 10:33 AM

Golly, if you look this good and are this pretty, I wouldn't stand too close to the new bride.[she may be a bit jealous]. I like the length of the dress with heels.

Tartan 03-29-2013 10:33 AM

Hope you are feeling better soon! I would remove it if it was right next to each other but there is colour in between so it is fine. Pretty dress and blue is a really "in" colour.

pittsburgpam 03-29-2013 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 5963233)
Golly, if you look this good and are this pretty, I wouldn't stand too close to the new bride.[she may be a bit jealous]. I like the length of the dress with heels.

Don't I wish! That's not me, that's just the picture of the dress. That blue is definitely "in". There were lots of blue dresses, more than anything else besides black. The wedding colors are black, white, and red. As the mother-of-the-bride said, "I am not wearing black to my daughter's wedding!" She is wearing purple and I'll wear the blue.

fxsts93kf 03-29-2013 08:33 PM

The block is beautiful and I would leave the orange. Your dress is gorgeous!