Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mindless Scraps and Crumbs 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mindless-scraps-crumbs-2-a-t144502.html)

Rosyhf 08-11-2011 06:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, I am needing a little mindless time lol. I have two intricate dolls to do for the shops but want to be free first. I have collected some very lovely scaps of color etc so far. Here they are layed out in piles. I will be working from the three piles.

I have all the tiny pieces by the sewing machine and then I have sorted the long strips and big patch pieces.

I have a wonky log cabin sort of block in mind or whatever the piece decides to tell me.

Sometimes I can just sit at the machine and put pieces together and sometimes I have to go to the board and see how my idea looks.

started to put an idea up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240316[/ATTACH]

I make this up the other day but will cut it down
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240317[/ATTACH]

4EVERquilt 08-11-2011 06:23 PM

I would love even a fraction of those scraps!! Happy quilting, I'm sure your quilt will be beautiful

running1 08-11-2011 06:25 PM

looks like fun... I'm collecting my own set of scraps!!

auntpiggylpn 08-11-2011 06:26 PM

Do you have a BRICK FLOOR? How cool is that?!?! and I love the blocks too!!

Rosyhf 08-11-2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by 4EVERquilt
I would love even a fraction of those scraps!! Happy quilting, I'm sure your quilt will be beautiful

That is a fraction of my scraps lol.....my friends keep me supplied and I love that. I love to work with other people's choices, it's exciting to me and I do add some of mine here and there....

DawnMarie 08-11-2011 06:27 PM

Scraps should be my next project.

Rosyhf 08-11-2011 06:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
Do you have a BRICK FLOOR? How cool is that?!?! and I love the blocks too!!

Yes I do have a brick floor in my studio but it isn't real brick lol...I painted those bricks years ago.

Long story short: It was a rough cement floor from an outside patio. My bro enclosed it years later for my studio. I had vinyl on it but the cement just ate it up every time.

On day I was wanting to get rid of some old acrylic paint. I used some large veggies trays and just poured color on them. I used a patio paint and basecoated the floor three times first and let it cure for 24 hours after each coat. Then I dipped the sponge in the thick paint and pressed down the bricks, letting some of the cream underpainting show between the bricks.

I could only do 1/4 of the room at one time. After I finished and of course 24 house to cure time. I varnished with about 4 coats of varnish, using a paint roller.

I flyspecked the entire floor when I got done. that means that I sprinkled a dark color from a bristle brush like small specks.

then I got tired of the small brick and made a huge square brick out of the sponge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240343[/ATTACH]

and then I did more stuff hahaha
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240344[/ATTACH]

This is how it started and it 1/4 of the floor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240346[/ATTACH]

leatheflea 08-11-2011 06:49 PM

Now this is art! I love the freedom! Cant wait to see how it ends.

auntpiggylpn 08-11-2011 06:52 PM

Well, that is just flippin' AWESOME!!! Very creative and I am so jealous that I can't have a floor like it!!!

Rosyhf 08-11-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
Well, that is just flippin' AWESOME!!! Very creative and I am so jealous that I can't have a floor like it!!!

yes you can, it's easy ...dip and press ahhahaha