Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Moneymndr's farewell quilt......By Charisma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/moneymndrs-farewell-quilt-charisma-t107356.html)

charismah 03-13-2011 12:01 PM

6 Attachment(s)
M sent me this quilt for LAQ. She made this as a farewell gift to her Pastor. There are photos, embroidery, and signature blocks from congregation members.....I know how special this quilt is....I think many of us church members know that feeling of seeing a beloved Pastor leave ....so I know all the LOVE that went into the process of making this quilt.

She asked that I place doves, hearts and crosses in the Side setting triangles other than that I could do anything else. I would never quilt over pictures...signature blocks ...or special embroidery...so I stippled in the white areas and outlined the photos...loops in the border.

I quilted this on my INNOVA. No computer or pantograph quilting. I also used HOBBS poly down batting.

Thanks for looking!

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169309[/ATTACH]

NauDeeGal 03-13-2011 12:04 PM

Another beautiful quilt. Congrats to both the piecer and the quilter.

LoriEl 03-13-2011 12:07 PM

What a tear jerker that will be when given! How thoughtful of the congregation. It's beautiful.

jdiane318 03-13-2011 12:10 PM

What a thoughtful gift for the pastor. Nothing like everyone being involved in getting a piece of the pie. Considerate and very appropriate idea.

grammysews4u 03-13-2011 12:10 PM

wow that is a special one, great work!

dreamer2009 03-13-2011 12:17 PM

I just L*O*V*E
this quilting machine you use
and what you do with it.

B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L
W*O*R*K
L*A*D*I*E*S

jofay 03-13-2011 12:22 PM

oh how nice I know your pastor will love it for all timeyou did great

marknfran 03-13-2011 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by charismah
M sent me this quilt for LAQ. She made this as a farewell gift to her Pastor. There are photos, embroidery, and signature blocks from congregation members.....I know how special this quilt is....I think many of us church members know that feeling of seeing a beloved Pastor leave ....so I know all the LOVE that went into the process of making this quilt.

She asked that I place doves, hearts and crosses in the Side setting triangles other than that I could do anything else. I would never quilt over pictures...signature blocks ...or special embroidery...so I stippled in the white areas and outlined the photos...loops in the border.

I quilted this on my INNOVA. No computer or pantograph quilting. I also used HOBBS poly down batting.

Thanks for looking!

That is such a loving and wonderful work of art!! :thumbup: :-) I have taken liberty and printed the detail pictures so I can keep it in my files. :thumbup:

roseOfsharon 03-13-2011 12:37 PM

Such a marvelous gift to treasure. He was well thought of and appreciated.

beachlady 03-13-2011 01:07 PM

Beautiful!