Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   More quilts I have made, are you bored yet? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/more-quilts-i-have-made-you-bored-yet-t43626.html)

pollyjvan9 04-23-2010 08:28 AM

My Mom made the wedding ring quilt 25 years ago, and even though I was a garment maker and home dec sewer I really don't think I appreciated the work that went into that quilt. Her original objective was to make one for me, my SIL and her 6 granddaughters. She only worked on it during the winters and it took her 3 years. Needless to say, she never got in the mood to make another one. Lucky me to be the only daughter.

I used it on my bed for many years, now I display it different ways, on a bed, hanging or on a quilt rack. I change my quilts quite frequently. Try not to expose to direct sunlight. I have had to repair some of the hand quilting stitches, but not much. Also, I didn't realize you shouldn't wash quilts very much, so this one has been washed several times! I hope my girls don't fight over it when I am gone. Told older one since it is a queen size maybe they could have someone split it and make two twins. What do you think?

Pamela Artman 04-23-2010 08:46 AM

Even split it wouldn't make two twins would it? A king size bed is the same size as two twins but even if you cut a king in two, it wouldn't be the right size for two twins because of what hangs down on both sides. It might make two throw size quilts and a couple pillows, but oh, what a shame to cut that beautiful big quilt. I would will it to the oldest and make something special for the youngest.

alaskasunshine 04-23-2010 08:52 AM

I loved seeing all your quilts. I really enjoyed the "Backyard Friends" one! :thumbup: I see the little butterfly on the corner fluttering around. My Father would just love that, he loves birds too!!! Beautiful quilts keep em rolling!

dglvr 04-23-2010 09:05 AM

Beautifal quilts. No I don't get bored seeing quilt pictures. Keep posting them. The Backyard Friends you say is your pattern.
Do you share? I have birdy fabrics I would love to make something like that with. You are very creative. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup: :thumbup:

bailey 04-23-2010 09:06 AM

Love them all especially the Backyard Animals. I don't think we would every get bored looking at pictures of quilts! Keep posting.

Marjpf 04-23-2010 09:15 AM

They are all wonderful - my favorite is the Curious George. Please keep posing pictures. I love to see what others are doing, and it keeps me inspired to make more and more!

clem55 04-23-2010 09:38 AM

Keep posting Polly, your quilts are really neat. I have a friend who would go nuts over the backyard friends.

pollyjvan9 04-23-2010 10:01 AM

The Backyard Friends isn't really a pattern. I just decided what size I wanted the quilt. Approx. 5'W x 6'L, and started cutting rectangles. Some of the rows are about 8" H and some are 4". I added solid pieces in between the bird fabrics to make the rows come out even. Then Added 3" sashing. I think anyone could make one of these. I used large pieces (fat quarter size) of bird and plain fabric on the back. I am going to make one using toile rectangles sometime soon.

amma 04-23-2010 11:06 AM

Thank you for sharing your beautiful quilts with us :D:D:D