Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Morning Stroll with Mama - Finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/morning-stroll-mama-finished-t213374.html)

RIDGEFIELD 02-11-2013 04:12 AM

Adorable wall hanging.

margie77072 02-11-2013 04:15 AM

How very cute!

kuntryquilter 02-11-2013 04:25 AM

Save it and give it to her when she is older. She will love it.
I love it, what is the pattern?

Originally Posted by Lady-T (Post 5849560)
It *was* to be for newest granddaughter, born Jan 28 ....
but "not to their liking" ..... oh well ...

Lady-T 02-11-2013 04:27 AM

I hadn't thought of that (duh) Great idea THANKS!

[QUOTE=kuntryquilter;5853365]Save it and give it to her when she is older. She will love it.

Sandy65 02-11-2013 04:55 AM

Really cute...did a good job.

Gerbie 02-11-2013 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=Lady-T;5853367]I hadn't thought of that (duh) Great idea THANKS!

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter (Post 5853365)
Save it and give it to her when she is older. She will love it.

It's so hard to fathom that anyone could not just fall in love with this beauty. I just can't understand why anyone wouldn't love it, bright colors or not - "They" may not like bright colors, but at present they have no idea what baby may like. I totally agree with Kuntryquilter, save it and give to baby when she is older, but be sure to put her name on it and date it now on your label, so she will know that you made it especially for her- aren't I tacky lol. I'll bet granddaughter will absolutely adore it when she gets older, just knowing it was made especially for her. Inlaws can really be strange and give one a rough time, but we often just have to smile through a grimace and go on.
I love it, and even though yolu made it from a pic. did you keep any measurements on the strips? Or any type of pattern that you used?

Lady-T 02-11-2013 06:56 AM

[QUOTE=Gerbie;5853590]

Originally Posted by Lady-T (Post 5853367)
I hadn't thought of that (duh) Great idea THANKS!

It's so hard to fathom that anyone could not just fall in love with this beauty. I just can't understand why anyone wouldn't love it, bright colors or not - "They" may not like bright colors, but at present they have no idea what baby may like. I totally agree with Kuntryquilter, save it and give to baby when she is older, but be sure to put her name on it and date it now on your label, so she will know that you made it especially for her- aren't I tacky lol. I'll bet granddaughter will absolutely adore it when she gets older, just knowing it was made especially for her. Inlaws can really be strange and give one a rough time, but we often just have to smile through a grimace and go on.
I love it, and even though yolu made it from a pic. did you keep any measurements on the strips? Or any type of pattern that you used?

No, I didn't write anything down as I was "winging" it from a photo.
But board member Tanzanita researched anad found that it is a pattern by Georgia Bonesteel,
and is in her book titled "Bright Ideas for Lap Quilting".

MAK'58 02-11-2013 06:58 AM

Lady T, I love your avatar. Is it a pattern, something you made? Please show us a larger pic. Thanks.
What a precious quilt for your granddaughter. I agree with everyone else: Sign, Date and keep it til she is older. Parents should know that primary colors catch a baby's attention better than muted ones.

Lady-T 02-11-2013 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MAK'58 (Post 5853654)
Lady T, I love your avatar. Is it a pattern, something you made? Please show us a larger pic. Thanks.
What a precious quilt for your granddaughter. I agree with everyone else: Sign, Date and keep it til she is older. Parents should know that primary colors catch a baby's attention better than muted ones.

It was always my understanding that babies liked bright colors also.

As for my avatar, it is just a photo I ran across on the internet and really liked!
I had thought of creating an appliqued wall hanging for my sewing room but that's as far as it got .... a thought. :) (if you work one up would LOVE to see it)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]394493[/ATTACH]

Yooper32 02-11-2013 07:05 AM

That just has to be the cutest ever. I applaud your ingenuity.