Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The most pieces in a quilt top you have pieced (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/most-pieces-quilt-top-you-have-pieced-t8098.html)

beachlady 06-14-2008 11:01 AM

All I can say is WOW!

Tricia 06-14-2008 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Riley
Your quilts are lovely, Ladies!

I am not sure of the most pieces as only one of mine had a count of pieces. And that would be the Jane Stickle Quilt. It has 5,602 pieces in it, so the book says. I did not count them, however I did finish the quilt.

I am in the process of quilting it now. It is slow going as it is summertime.
TeXas has brutal summers.

Riley

OHHHH I love it I have not been brave enough to start that quilt. Did you go throgh a BOM club or do all of it youself? It is stunning :!: :!:

Riley 06-14-2008 02:46 PM

Thank you all so much for your kind words! Each time I have posted a px, you have all been so kind with your pats on the back! You encourage me to keep right on stitching!

Tricia, I have had this done several years. I did this on my own, no BOM.
(BTW, I grew up in Erath County, North Central TX!)

At the time, there was not as much CW Repos available as we have now. (I would probably do things a tad differently if I were doing this now.) For the most part, it does have CW Repos used.
I did substitute Thimbleberries on some & on some, I used a few that just looked like they "should" be CW Repos! :mrgreen:

I learned more on this quilt than I have learned since 1993 when I began quilting. It is not all that hard after the first few...you learn as you go... it is time consuming though.
I would work on a few rows & then do other things. But it IS addictive! You always wonder what the next block brings. (I did mine in rows & in order.)

I am hand quilting(only kind I know how to do!) so I will be awhile. It is both a pleasure & a challange to hand quilt these blocks.

OH MY! I have rambled long enough to write a book--- so sorry!

Thanks again!!!! Riley

Barb M 06-14-2008 02:59 PM

Thanks Tricia. Your quilts are great too! :) Wow Riley!! All i can say is wow!!! :)

Tricia 06-14-2008 03:05 PM

Riley
I am soooooo impressed.. You did an amazing job picking fabric. I want to do one with bright colors because I always see it in repos. I have a hard time getting into the muddier brown colors. I can not believe you are hand quilting.... you go girl :thumbup:

bj 06-14-2008 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My most numerous pieces quilt was 1320 for a lap size. I made it for my dil's mom on her 50th birthday.

Barb, Tricia, and Riley...your quilts are beautiful!!!

Carol's 50th birthday quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12409[/ATTACH]

Riley 06-14-2008 03:40 PM

I think whatever you do this quilt in, Tricia, it will be a wonderful thing of beauty!

I am handquilting because that is all I know how to do.

Would you also faint if I told you I hand pieced the Jane Stickle Quilt? :mrgreen: That is my preferred method & almost everything I do is handpieced.

(My DH is disabled & I can sit there & hand piece & quilt without running back & forth to check on him---so it is easier for me to do it that way!)

YOUR quilt is also a beauty, BJ!!! WOW, lots of talented people here!

Thanks again!!! Riley

Tricia 06-14-2008 04:08 PM

I just knew eveyone would post their beautiful quilts if I asked.

BJ I love the quilt and bought the book recently. Just gathering fabric for it. The fabric is soooo important in this quilt. Yours is fantastic!!

Quilting Aggi 06-14-2008 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Riley
Your quilts are lovely, Ladies!

I am not sure of the most pieces as only one of mine had a count of pieces. And that would be the Jane Stickle Quilt. It has 5,602 pieces in it, so the book says. I did not count them, however I did finish the quilt.

I am in the process of quilting it now. It is slow going as it is summertime.
TeXas has brutal summers.

Riley

WOW all I can say is WOW!!! what an amazing quilt!!! What an accomplishment!!!

As for me I think mine would be 2,000 in my Y2K quilt. I don't have a photo of it right now as it is packed away in storage until I move into my home. I will take one once I move and unpack the little darling!! :)

Barb M 06-14-2008 04:39 PM

Oh wow bj! I've never seen a pattern like that, absolutely beautiful!!! :)