Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mug Rugs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mug-rugs-t227966.html)

Rosyhf 08-14-2013 03:24 PM

Mug Rugs

1 Attachment(s)
You know? I am really enjoying making these mug rugs. There are so relaxing and I think it's because once you put the block or scraps together, you know it's done!

It all started when I took my Joseph's coat to my gym class. One of the very nice ladies just had a fit over it. She was imaging it on her bed etc.

I had a small extra block left from my Joseph's Coat when I first tryed the block. I made a rug mug out of it and gave it to her and told her to put it on her pillow and imagine lol...she was thrilled.

Now to get to my question. Another lady approached me and asked if I would make a mug rug for her daughter. She wanted to give it to her for her birthday. She wants to pay for it.

Now here are three that I made that very night as I was taking a break from my flower quilt. Do any of you sell mug rugs? and how much is the going rate? I haven't a clue.

It took about 1.5 to 2 hours to make these, quilted and all. I don't put a binding on, I don't think it needs it. I put the block on the batting, quilt it. Then sew the lining on right sides together and top stitch twice around the perimeter.

The first two blocks I got out of block base, I elongated the second block to make it longer.

Rosyhf 08-14-2013 03:30 PM

I searched the web to find examples of mug rugs but in the end I find that I would rather manipulate a block and use that for the rug, this way you have the satisfaction of making a block lol.

Diane007 08-14-2013 05:09 PM

nice mug rugs.... :)

SandyWh 08-14-2013 06:47 PM

Great mug rugs. I'm a bit obsessed with them. Love to make them.

gabeway 08-15-2013 04:46 AM

Great job. I'd guess maybe $10-15 per unit?

Misty's Mom 08-15-2013 04:51 AM

Very nice.

mighty 08-15-2013 06:21 AM

Great work!!!

Rosyhf 08-15-2013 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by gabeway (Post 6235315)
Great job. I'd guess maybe $10-15 per unit?

Thank you Gabe, I thought 12.00? I did search Etsy and they have a bunch of them, starting at 6.00 for just strips or one piece of fabric to 22.00 for more intricate.

I think I will do crazy block and animal with crazy around, blocks and then, like for a teacher? I would do a paperpieced apple and stuff like but those would be more. I just wanted to get a ball park figure. I will try to do more 12.00 ones as I think anybody can afford those.

I wouldn't do my first block for that price tho, it took a bit of doing. I pp'd it.

sewbizgirl 08-15-2013 12:37 PM

They are fun... If you want some more inspiration, check Pinterest. There are tons of them there.

WTxRed 08-15-2013 12:41 PM

I have nothing for you on the mug rugs - but how about a link to your thread on that flower quilt you've got on the design wall just below them? please ;)